Yes, another Air Suspension Question - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

General Hummer Talk Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 PM

Default Yes, another Air Suspension Question

Ok, 2005 H2 with 130k miles. I have had it for about three years and love it. Just about two months ago I started having an occasional problem with the air ride. I know I could change it to springs but I would like to keep it on air if possible. Read through the forums and I also know that the only problem worse than a flat air ride is an intermittent problem.

About two months ago I went out to the garage and the rear end was all of the way down after being parked overnight. Figured just had a leak and planned to watch it. Aired right up on start-up and worked fine for a couple of weeks then did it again when parked overnight. Slow leak right, nope. After that it was fine for about a month then it did it again. This time it would not re-inflate and said service rear suspension. Woo Hoo! I can have this minor problem fixed.

Took it the dealership, they replaced a "sensor" and problem solved, wrong. Second stop after picking it up found ONLY THE DRIVERS side flat in just a few minutes while running into the hardware store. What? That has never happened before. They took it back in, went over it for leaks with soapy water and such, no leaks found. Compressors are working fine.

So here's the question. Anyone have this kind of trouble and what can be done to diagnose and repair it. Do you need more info to help me? Ask away. I know the 100% way is to dump the air ride and go springs but I've been in a springer and prefer the air. Any other ideas? The dealership has had it for almost a week now, nice loaner ride though. LOL

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM

please let me know what you find out i have the same issue just bought a driver side level sensor got a bad feeling that theres more to it. my truck is totally flat right now and looks like ****. I agree i also prefer the air thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM

Default air ride fixed

fixed my air problem, replaced air level sensor took 10 mins all fine with my truck now.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiveH2 View Post
Ok, 2005 H2 with 130k miles. I have had it for about three years and love it. Just about two months ago I started having an occasional problem with the air ride. I know I could change it to springs but I would like to keep it on air if possible. Read through the forums and I also know that the only problem worse than a flat air ride is an intermittent problem.

About two months ago I went out to the garage and the rear end was all of the way down after being parked overnight. Figured just had a leak and planned to watch it. Aired right up on start-up and worked fine for a couple of weeks then did it again when parked overnight. Slow leak right, nope. After that it was fine for about a month then it did it again. This time it would not re-inflate and said service rear suspension. Woo Hoo! I can have this minor problem fixed.

Took it the dealership, they replaced a "sensor" and problem solved, wrong. Second stop after picking it up found ONLY THE DRIVERS side flat in just a few minutes while running into the hardware store. What? That has never happened before. They took it back in, went over it for leaks with soapy water and such, no leaks found. Compressors are working fine.

So here's the question. Anyone have this kind of trouble and what can be done to diagnose and repair it. Do you need more info to help me? Ask away. I know the 100% way is to dump the air ride and go springs but I've been in a springer and prefer the air. Any other ideas? The dealership has had it for almost a week now, nice loaner ride though. LOL

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

not sure why but my driver side went flat but found out that the passenger side level sensor was the issue go figure used an obd scan tool to figure this one out.

heres my thought with my truck maybe this will help you.

1 driver side flat and wont lift but passenger side lifted
2 a week later both sides flat and serv suspension lite comes on
and the system shuts down
3 ran the obd scanner it says passenger side level sensor inopt
4 replaced it yesterday all is good, just walked outside to check it after sitting all night all is still good started the truck and the compressor kicked on and adjusted the truck, so all is good.

on your truck i would look into the opposite side of where you think the problem is i know this sounds stupid but it stumped me too hope you get it worked out because the truck rides like **** without the air working and it looks like **** also.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Mine is 04 H2 78K on it and having similar issue since last year. My case, passenger side becomes flat and driver side somewhat also but not completely. But this happens time to time. DIC shows service 4wd all the time and recently displayed service air sus message. A couple weeks ago, when I drove back to garage, parked then I heard air leaking noise from passenger side. Brought it shop next day and did soap water test. Found hole in air spring. I have the shop to replace both air spring together today. Drive around the block, so far so good. DIC suspension messages gone. Ride seems to become somewhat stiffer though. Will see how it goes.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Glad I joined the forum.. my 05 is having this issue with the rear air suspension. Back end is sagging after sitting for hours, but will be normal after starting the truck up. Going to try sensor first. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prncsj View Post
Glad I joined the forum.. my 05 is having this issue with the rear air suspension. Back end is sagging after sitting for hours, but will be normal after starting the truck up. Going to try sensor first. Thanks!
Welcome to HF.

You have posted in a 5 year OLD + post. Please do not dig up old as dirt threads. Use the search function, post any questions you may have about your H2 in the H2 section.