PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Default windshield

noticed i have some scratches on the windshield grouped about 4"x2" just to the right of my eyeline,and they are now becoming a nuisance,any one have any ways to get rid of them???thanks for any help.steve

Old 04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Default RE: windshield

ORIGINAL: redprowler

noticed i have some scratches on the windshield grouped about 4"x2" just to the right of my eyeline,and they are now becoming a nuisance,any one have any ways to get rid of them???thanks for any help.steve
Get some white tooth paste like "pearl drops" that claims to polish teeth..And try rubbing like the d!ckens with that for a while..Sometimes if the scratches are fine enough the tooth paste will polish them out.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: redprowler

Get some white tooth paste like "pearl drops" that claims to polish teeth..And try rubbing like the d!ckens with that for a while..Sometimes if the scratches are fine enough the tooth paste will polish them out.

Thats a good one to know thanks Dennis

Old 04-08-2006, 07:33 PM

thanks dennis,i"ll give it a try,steve

Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 PM

you can also use scratch removers but most do not work..or you need to use a plastic polish formulated to cure this problem. A good polish will not only remove scratches and imperfections but will also leave a protective film behind. By using these polishes you also bring back the optical clarity of the windshield eliminating distortion and glare.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:33 PM

use a hammer or a rock. it won't clear the scratches, but it will provide an excuse for a new windshield. or park outside a sierra club event some night, that should fix it for sure (and any other windows, with or without blemishes). . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-17-2006, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

use a hammer or a rock. it won't clear the scratches, but it will provide an excuse for a new windshield. or park outside a sierra club event some night, that should fix it for sure (and any other windows, with or without blemishes). . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif]
What about bug guts?...Lots of them seem to be committing suicide on my windshield lately....Bastards!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:21 PM

What about bug guts?...Lots of them seem to be committing suicide on my windshield lately....Bastards!
they need to be bugs from the grain fields, otherwise there isn't enough grit to polish the windshield with. we have 5 full days of sun coming, and i'll be driving through happy cow country (good cheese comes from happy cows, and according to the commercials, they live here in CA and like the earthquakes) on my way to death valley. i need to get new wipers and put paint thinner in the washer reservoir just to be able to see.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 PM

they need to be bugs from the grain fields, otherwise there isn't enough grit to polish the windshield with. we have 5 full days of sun coming, and i'll be driving through happy cow country (good cheese comes from happy cows, and according to the commercials, they live here in CA and like the earthquakes) on my way to death valley. i need to get new wipers and put paint thinner in the washer reservoir just to be able to see.

You serious about the paint thinner

Old 04-17-2006, 11:53 PM

no, just being my typical self. i like yellow, don't want the paint along the windshield coming off . . . .