PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will the Hummer Survive?
Yes
63.64%
No
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Will the HUMMER die?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Default Will the HUMMER die?

the hummer won’t die....

The best case scenario is that some small firm will by the rights and build small amounts of H1 style Hummers for die hard off road enthusiasts around the world.

That will probably put the price tag way up there, but if they have options to choose a range of powerful and economical engines and undo all the mass market crap that came after the H1 then surely that’s a good thing too.

IMO hummer got it wrong - they tried to take something that was essentially a purpose built AT military vehicle and turn it into a garish luxury toy version for the middle classes to show off and look cool in.

Hummer drivers whether they like it or not are now driving past people who look at them and think ‘dick head’. Why is this?

Is it because they see a driver who bought a car from a company that took a purpose built vehicle and turned it into one without a single credible purpose? Let’s face it the H3 hummer is not an off-road vehicle. It’s not even that useful on the road . So why did GM take the hummer in the direction it did and why did people continue to buy it?

I suppose people started to see someone in a hummer think ‘dick head’ because it became obvious to them that the person bought the car for no reason other than to shout ‘LOOK AT ME’. It’s no wonder you see so many rented hummer limos with poor drunk people hanging out the windows screaming for attention.

When a person buys a hummer some of them may be doing so to say 'I don’t give a f*ck, I drive this cos I can, and if you don’t like me it is because ultimately you would like to drive one if you could A) afford it or B) had the *****.

This line of thinking has been accepted and seen as strong willed in the past, but the world has changed. The 80’s turned into the 90’s and the 00’s brought a global recession. The world is now conscious about over population and limited resources. Will there be enough resources for everyone? Why are we at war all the time? Can we sustain our way of living?

A new generation is driving the public consciousness and like it or not they see the hummer as a symbol of everything that is wrong with the world: War, Greed, Gluttony, Selfishness. Let’s not forget that the past 50 years has seen a number of wars purely based on energy needs, oil in particular and these wars have featured the Humvee heavily.

Hummer f*cked up because they did not look at what was happening in the world and made no credible attempts to improve their image.

I truly hope that the hummer comes back smarter and that what is happening now will lead to better things.

P.s
This is my first post.
I do not own a hummer but I am a 4x4 enthusiast. I am environmentally conscious but Im afraid of the green movement in many ways and have mixed feelings about the hummer.

Im here because Im interested in what you hummer peeps think of it all.