PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why you should consider NOT wheeling your hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Default why you should consider NOT wheeling your hummer

Last night me and my GF decided to do a bit of off-roading. Luckily for us, this usually involves driving 30 seconds from our driveway to gain access to a spiders web of logging and maintenance roads, complete with mud pits, rock climbing, creeks, meadows and lakes. It's really a blast. After driving over several mountain ranges, we hit a dead end and decided to head back. On the way back, we found a trail heading down and thought we would see where it led. After a few Km of windy, brushy trail,a small3' ledge popped it onto a recently graded dirt "road". There were no other tire marks on the road and we decided to follow it down the mountain. Shortly, wecame upon a small cluster of run down houses and shacks nestled into the forest. We were just expecting to come upon a moonshine still or grow-op, when the road became a dead end at one of the shacks, and we turned around to head back the other way. We were soon physically forced off the road by the driver of a beat up Ford pickup. The driver rolled his window down, and we were looking at a fellow who could have been the poster-child for thehillbillies in "Deliverance".I'm talking scary looking! "This here isprivate property", he scowled. We apologized and said we were just looking for a way down. He confirmed that the road were were on would take us down, and that there were bigsigns at the entrance. We explained that we had not come up the road, but had come over the top of the mountain, and again apologized. He stated "My chainsaw was just stoled, so I ain't to happy with people right now", and on that note, we again said "Sorry", and promptly fled.Further down the road, we passed the big "No trespassing", Private property", and "Beware of Dogs" signs. It joined up with another dirt road that eventually joined up with a small paved road in a remote subdivision of a nearby town. Then back home.

The hours we spent on the trails were fun, but we were both pretty tense when confronted by Jim-Bob. Another hazard of off-roading!

Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: why you should consider NOT wheeling your hummer

Uh, isn't this a scene from Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Old 06-15-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Uh, isn't this a scene from Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Luckily, "no", but then, his chainsaw HAD just been stoled.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

So this REALLY happened to you? That's scary as hell. Forget the RV. I'll stick to planes

Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 PM

So this REALLY happened to you? That's scary as hell. Forget the RV. I'll stick to planes
Yes, totally true. We joked aftyerwards that we should have taken a photo of this fellow, as he was quite the site to see, but he probably would not have responded well to that.! We do have pics of the rest of the trails and such. We found lots of flowery meadows, including tigerlillies!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:10 PM

live
ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

Yes, totally true. We joked aftyerwards that we should have taken a photo of this fellow, as he was quite the site to see, but he probably would not have responded well to that.! We do have pics of the rest of the trails and such. We found lots of flowery meadows, including tigerlillies!
WOW!!!! Karl, good thing you don't have a PURDY MOUTH!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

WOW!!!! Karl, good thing you don't have a PURDY MOUTH!!!
Who says I don't!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:52 PM

Who says I don't!
actually, Jim-Bob said you don't. we were chatting about the reason he's retarded (that whole cuzzin ****** thang), and he mentioned the 'boy and girl' he came across in the woods (after having to listen to him whining about that pos chain saw he lost). he mentioned how you had all your teeth and how painful that could have been. and he said you looked like you had a weak gag-reflex and that would have been no fun at all. . . . . . . . .

de de de de de de de de

Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

Who says I don't!
actually, Jim-Bob said you don't. we were chatting about the reason he's retarded (that whole cuzzin ****** thang), and he mentioned the 'boy and girl' he came across in the woods (after having to listen to him whining about that pos chain saw he lost). he mentioned how you had all your teeth and how painful that could have been. and he said you looked like you had a weak gag-reflex and that would have been no fun at all. . . . . . . . .

de de de de de de de de

Old 06-16-2007, 03:03 AM

Hey y'all, I got a chainsaw I just picked up. 'bout to put it on ebay. Ya'll want it, real cheap like?

Quick Reply: why you should consider NOT wheeling your hummer