PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

sunroof and water

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Unhappy sunroof and water

hi. guys , i am a new member, i have a 2003 h2 hummer i have water on the floor after rain and drips from the sunroof, i brought it to the dealer sunroof will not open to get at the drain pipes, it seems the lying water in the channel has damaged something i got quite a quote to fix the problem includes new sun roof, any thoughts anyone thank you . otherwise never a problem in seven years. small dave.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 PM

I had the same issue with an 03 H2. Dealer wanted to charge me for putting in a sunroof although I had the extended warranty. Water under rug all way along doors and under seats. We thought it was the sunroof cause it felt loose but with much research found that there is a little known recall on the rear top clearance lights in the back that leak into the roof and then the water travels down the door jams and rear corners to the floor. My bet is that is your leak. Hope this helps. Wound up trading mine in after dealer made a mess of my interior with boot marks and grease on seats and dash from this fix. Got a 08 H2 now and still love it.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 AM

I had the very same issue. Apparently my warranty covered me so I was happy. The drain holes in my sunroof were clogged with leaves and debris (not sure how that happens, but I was told it does). Anyhow, they changed the seals on those and cleared them out and I haven't had a problem yet despite some serious downpours. Didn't charge me a dime either.

Going to miss Kansas City Hummer.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 AM

didn't catch the part about your sunroof not working. My bad. Been a long night.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM

With the sun roof not working that could possibly be the problem. But there is a known problem with front marker lights leaking. There is a TSB on it. Mine leaked last fall. My drivers side floor board had about an inch of water under the rug. Covered under warrenty and they resealed that bad marker light. No signs of water on the head liner, water woulod flow down the door jamb and into the floor board.