PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

speaker problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Default speaker problem

hello
i just got my hummer back from the mechanics wh replaced the pump for the brakes and steering and realized as i was driving it home that the speakers ,which are Bose , don't work . No sound comes out of them but the radio display works fine . i can change radio stations or operate the cd player but no sound comes out of the speakers . i would rather not take it back to mechanic if its a simple thing that i can fix myself so if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this matter it would be greatly appreciated .
thank you very much.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 AM

Back it goes.
Chris

Old 12-23-2011, 09:57 AM

If I understand that Bose system, the speakers are powered by amps separate from the radio. If a fuse got pulled or blown, it's possible. Could also be a fluke, turn the key off and on a couple of times and see if it resets. Turn the radio off and on as well. Sometimes it resets something in the computer.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Default Speaker dont work

My radio sometimes resets it self. I go behind the radio and unplug the connector and plug it back in and it works fine until my car shuts down. I have a 2007 H3. Having electrical problems big time. Last night I got out and the entire car shut down. no power, no nothing. Did not put the key in due to last time getting stuck. Then all of a sudden the powe comes back and the LED lights in the powrr control **** start flashiing. Shut car off and turned back on and it stop. Car max coild not find the problem because it didnt act ip when at the shop. This moring I have replug the radio connector to get it working on all thrusters

Old 10-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Default a guess

sounds like more than a speaker problem.

I guess its a loose connector, somewhere!?
maybe a main one like under the fuse box by the battery, only a guess.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Default Radio and gages 2007 h3

My AC off came on again afrer so call being fixed at the begining of the summer. With this the radio reset it self again. From there all gages led lights came on and statyed on. Turned car off and the AC OFf light and check engine remained on. Did not unplug radio this time. When I got home I disconected the battery and reconnected. The AC Off and check engine light stayed on, so I un plugged my after market pioneer radio. Now there is nothing showing on the dash, no check engine or AC Off. I am goingk to ride this week with the radio un plug and see what happens. If nothing happens the radio was hooked up wrong.