PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smaller Than H3 Coming???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Default Smaller Than H3 Coming???

Far be it from me to start any rumors but I did hear on the news yesterday that the current New York Int'l Auto Show is supposed to be displaying a new, smaller than the H3, Hummer. I distinctily heard the young lady say that but I wasn't watching the tube at the time. As I violently wirled my head around to see the tv, the broadcast was off onto another subject. I searched a little for some more news but couldn't find any. Anyone hear anything??? (I would be seriously interested in one if it's true)!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Default RE: Smaller Than H3 Coming???

Isn't the H4 supposed to debut there?
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lane

Far be it from me to start any rumors but I did hear on the news yesterday that the current New York Int'l Auto Show is supposed to be displaying a new, smaller than the H3, Hummer. I distinctily heard the young lady say that but I wasn't watching the tube at the time. As I violently wirled my head around to see the tv, the broadcast was off onto another subject. I searched a little for some more news but couldn't find any. Anyone hear anything??? (I would be seriously interested in one if it's true)!
There are three possibilities.

A) The prototype of the H3T, which is the 2 seater pickup version of the H3, may be what they are going to debut. There has been alot of speculation as to the validity of it actually being produced, but as usual, Hummer and GM are tight-lipped about it. The last thing I read about it was that it was only a prototype for show purposes only and not going to be produced.

B) The H3 SUT with the flat bed instead of the cargo area. I think Dilo or "Hummer Guy" posted some spy pics of it, but it was actually a tad longer then the H3, so that probably wouldn't be it.

C)The ever-so-rumored H4 may be it. I have read in some of my car magazines about the rumored H4. Supposedly (and this is what I read) it was going to be more of a crossover vehicle, like the Murano or Nitro, but off-road capable, and going after the Jeep Liberty and Wrangler market. It's been rumored to look like a Wrangler and possibly be a 2-door, 4-seater smaller version of the H3. Who knows, but I know I have read alot of things in different magazines with these same speculations.

When does the show start?

Old 04-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some articles:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/20/h...d-for-detroit/

http://www.leftlanenews.com/general-...n-detroit.html

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...4/TOC01ARCHIVE

These are just a few, but they all pretty much say the same thing. I'm trying to find some pics of it now, but nobody has seen the thing yet.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm guessing the newscaster mis-spoke and was talking about the H3 Alpha debut, which would be the "smaller then H2 Hummer"...BUT...I'd be pretty excited to see official (public? ) word on the H4...GM has enough new material at the show, I highly doubt they'd show a concept vehicle that they can get more news buzz later in the game...

Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 PM

Lane..I hope you can someday see your way into a H3 or (H4 if that becomes a reality)...I know that it would suit you perfectly..No more anxietyon whether your tranny is gonna fail, or if the engine willfallapart, or the coolant system blow your heater core out like in that damn Freelander...Not to mention the caliber of people that own HUMMERS are head and shoulders above the Land Rover owners who are sostuck on themselves (besides, those morons on MO are so frickin boring).....I laugh everytime I see a Land Rover on a flatbed on it's way to the dealer's service...

Don't get me wrong, the HUMMER is not without problems..But far and few between...I have yet (knock wood) been to the dealer for any problems other than a simple cosmetic trim replacement...I've been in my H3 since 01/13/06...Do remember how many times I was to the dealer with the HIPPO? and I was one of the lucky ones with few problems.

Good luck ole friend..I'd like to see more of you here...

Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Is the Freelander THAT bad? My wife likes those. I actually thought about getting her one at one point.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM

If you love your wife..Never get her a Land Rover...period..Nuff said..

If you do..Make sure you have the premium account with AAA

Old 04-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Only way I'd ever let my wife buy a land rover is if my other truck was a flatbed....cause thats where it would spend most of it's highway miles

Old 04-07-2007, 07:28 AM

Dennis,
I know what you mean about the quirks of Land Rovers, believe me. As we always said, buying a new LR is one thing but NEVER buy a used one. Talk about buying someone else's problems! I'll be dumping my 02 Freelander in the middle of 08 when there are a few months of extended warranty remaining. Oh, and that's another point for those who aren't all that familiar with LR; NEVER own one without some kind of warranty coverage unless your name happens to be Gates or Kekorian. This is not a slap to our British friends, just Land Rover. I may dump it sooner depending on other personal circumstances, etc. It will be interesting to see what the market has for us in 08 so I'll keep an open mind. Like I said, an H4 sounds good to me.

BTW, did you buy that new Springfield Armory piece yet? [sm=smokin.gif]

Quick Reply: Smaller Than H3 Coming???