PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching For H1 HUMMER Facts

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Default Searching For H1 HUMMER Facts

I have a question that I've been trying to google-up an answer to for some time.

I haven't had any luck finding that answer so I thought I'd so a search with the "Search" feature on this Hummer forum. Still no answer/s.

Within the continental United States, which states have the highest Per Capita Hummer H1 ownership and in what order

To take that question a little further, which state has the most H1 Soft-Tops, or H1 Wagons or 4 door Hard-Tops.

I think it would an interesting bit of trivia to know. Especially if you're looking for a certain OEM part that you can't seem to track down in your specific area of the country.

It stand to reason that if you knew what state had the most (for example)
H1 Wagons Per Capita, there would be a higher likelihood of finding that certain part in that particular state.

Educated guesses would be welcome but, substantiated fact would be better.
I'll take what I can get.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

There is no database with that information and if there were it would change constantly. For parts call Tustin Hummer in Tustin, CA or go to www.hummerpartsguy.com. If it is available they can get it for you.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:45 AM

I'm not really looking to by any specific H1 Parts. I'm Just looking for those statistics.

When a big company markets their products such as the H1 Hummer -and countless other products- one of the best ways their marketing people can keep accurate tabs on their sales progress is to accumulate this "Data" and use it to plan their strategies for expanding sales.

I was just hoping someone here might have this information or at least have connections on how to get it.

I think I'll try to contact AM General and inquire. Many times this kind of info is proprietary information that they generally will not share.

As a one-man-business with aspirations of marketing Hummer H1 related items, I think it would be an invaluable source of information to have.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Since they quite making the H1 4 years ago any information that AM General had would be horribly out of date. The only way to accurately reflect this information would be if all 50 states DMV departments cooperated to collect this type of information and they don't. Plus a significant number of H1s have been exported. In the last 3-4 years estimates are that as high as 30% of all sales at major resellers have been to overseas buyers. I spoke to one that has shipped hundreds overseas over the last 10 years and another that has sent about 60 overseas. Out of a total production of about 12,000 those numbers start to add up quickly. Based on what I know I would say that the greatest concentrations of H1 Hummers are in California, Texas and Florida and I am not sure what order those states should be in. It would be interesting to know what is where but impossible for an individual to figure it out.