PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Little over a week after having the H2

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Default Review: Little over a week after having the H2

Thought I would post my review of having my first Hummer since I am nearing the 2 week mark of ownership.

This has to be the coolest vehicle I have ever owned. You feel like the king of the road each time you climb behind the wheel. The styling of the exterior is stunning. You can not help but think how cool it is and your always looking for another one on the road. I always am finding myself looking for reasons to drive the H2 somewhere and I can see this definitly eating into my spending money with the 9MPG I enjoy in the beast. There are a few things though that are a bit annoying. No back up sensors to warn the driver when your about to hit something. Even with the rear camera, I think it would be easy to miss something if you were not paying attention. For the $$ spent, you should have this option especially since the Escalade has it and this costs more. The Nav touch screen is cool but it faces straight back to the rear. Have it turned slightly to the driver like in the other GM vehicles. A bit akward to get use to. How about the turn signals? The mirrors were redesigned but no turn signals embedded in the mirrors? This is a VERY nice touch that even the lower priced Avalanches have. Fog lights, where are they.......This should be standard on this kind of vehicle. Come on GM, we are talking a vehicle thats over $60K and no fog lights? The rain guard that goes infront of the sun roof, thoes are some dang long screws sticking out.......the plastic is 1/16 of an inch thick at best. Do you need 2 inch screws ? Also, you sure seem to give the outter edge of the seat a beating when you get in and out (even when using the steps), hope they hold up.

Now all of this may seem like a lot I dont like but its not really. Its all trivial to the "King of the Hill" feel that you get from being behind the wheel. The feeling may lessen over time but I have never had such joy from driving a vehicle than I have with this H2. I would not trade this for any other car out there...Ok, maybe a decked out H1, but you all get my point

BT out

Old 09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Review: Little over a week after having the H2

Thanks buddy. I want to say thanks, for making me realize that after paying a lease for another 3 years that I will in-fact end up buying a H2 anyway when I already have a H3 and my wife will be the one driving said H2. Thanks for assuring me I will be in great debt for the next ten years

Anyway, how is that GPS unit? Did you buy a '06 or a '07?

Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 PM

I am not a fan of the GPS unit on anything but I like the touch screen so thats why I insisted on having it. On my Caddie, I have used the NAV one time and it was a PITA. I am fan of gadgets on cars so I will always have things like that on mine. My H2 is an 06. No one local had an 07 yet and they were offering $4K rebates so on a vehicle with little to no differences, no one in their right mind would pass up a reduction of $80 a month

The way I figure it, I will ALWAYS have huge car payments so its a fact of life. I dont even worry about them since they will always be there. I just figure as long as I keep them under $2K a month I am cool and my wife stays happy

My wife did like the look of the H3's so maybe in a year or 2 we may trade the Caddie in on one but who knows, she has yet to drive the H2 on the road (she has just backed it in and out of the garage as I was checking clearance). So maybe she will love it like I do and want one for herself

There was 2 H2's last year around my area and the plates said "HizH2" and "HerH2" Kinda cool and kinda queer at the same time

Old 09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Kinda cool in a 18ish kinda way

I'll have to post a pic of my GPS laptop setup later today.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 PM

Hey Black Tiger..................The feeling never goes away.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

X2

Had my Rig for 2 years now, and LOVE it like the DAY I BOUGHT IT!!! (Maybe MORE NOW,with all of the BLING)

Old 09-06-2006, 09:45 AM

Dropped it off at the dealer last night to have the Corsa exhaust installed as it just came in, talked my wife into "looking" at the H3 for her next one. She said no thanks but maybe an H2. Said the H3 was a bit small since taking over the reigns of the Ext she has gotten use to a larger vehicle.

Our salesman saw us and came over smiling with the #9 Hummer toy I had asked about. Very cool. Told my wife "now my Hummer experience is complete." Hee Hee

Also received the Turtle Wax "ICE" polish in the mail yesterday. What a great deal if ordering online. 3 Microfiber towels, a microfiber wash mit, applicator, bottle of polish and 2 bottles of the spray mist for $30 plus shipping. They are sneaky in trying to convince you to pay extra for expedited shipping. I received mine in less than a week with a holiday weekend in the middle

Old 09-24-2006, 03:03 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

X2

Had my Rig for 2 years now, and LOVE it like the DAY I BOUGHT IT!!! (Maybe MORE NOW,with all of the BLING)
I concur. When i was car shopping, and ordered my truck, i thought it was the coolest thing for $100k or less. Now i think its the coolest thing period, and i wouldn't trade mine for any other vehicle if i had to keep the other thing and drive it. Every single time i drive it it makes me smile.

With respect to Black Tigers post, and some of his complaints, i would offer that i have a backup cam, and it does the trick for me. Mine is an aftermarket cam that runs through the NAV screen, and its view is very wide. Do you have a factory limited-edition cam? I think backup cam is standard on the '07s.

Just a different opinoin, i DON'T like the tilted center columsn ala Caddy's CTS or SRX or '06 and back Escalades. I think the new 'Lades have a straight-back center column. The reason i like the straight column better is that its not always the driver trying to mess with the radio or the NAV.

I hadn't thought of the fog lights or mirror-signals before. My biggest wish-for would be these

-2" more clearance (maybe via air suspension front and rear?)
-front locker
-cooled seats

But 'stangs is right, that feeling never really goes away. I get 14mpg driving nice and smooth so all the pretty girls can check me out.