PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repair Costs

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Default RE: Repair Costs

And yea honestly if the H1 is what you really want I say get it... if you find a good deal on a older used one you can easily resell it for same price if you find you cannot keep it... I honestly aint rich barely coming up with the insurance, and lease payments on this beast each month but I still got it because it is an AMAZING vehicle and worth every penny... If you want to get noticed this is definatly the vehicle... I have been beside lambos, ferrari's etc and still got most of the looks because it stands out plain and simple... or if its the comfort in knowing you can take out any vehicle on the road then this is a good choice as well... or if its the adventure of going deep into the trails and knowing you have the vehicle to do it then the H1 is the choice...

I honestly use my H1 for everything... Its my daily driver... my fun vehicle take it offroading everywhere and even have enough room for my quad in the back... or camping its AMAZING for camping.. also good as a pickup truck I recently moved my friends bedroom set with this vehicle with no problem at all.

The only problems I find with this vehicle is when you first purchase it you gotta learn to drive it because it is sooo big but honestly it only took me a couple of weeks and now I handle it like a compact car hehe... Also parking isnt too fun either... sure you can fit in a single parking spot and get out no problem but gotta realize the doors on the h1 isnt that long as compared to most cars so you might be able to get out and in but they might not be able to and might ding yuh... so what I have learned is it is best to park in the back of the parking lot or better yet if you find a spot at the very end huge the very end line the best you can and you wont have any problems at all... Another problem is just people... they are always curious and staring etc... sure it was fine first month or two but kinda get tired of same questions after like 7 months... and you are always noticed so cant really sneak around town

Old 08-21-2006, 09:10 PM

I am really not looking for the attention. I just like knowing that I can go ANYWHERE with the H1. It would be my daily driver, so gas is a worry. I love the outdoors, and would drive this truck into the ground (or atleast try =)). Everyones info has been invaluable in my decision process. I am still leaning towards the H1, cause I will spend the same amount on an H2. (40-50K). So if thats the case, I would prefer the H1. It isn't very practical for a daily driver, but who cares, right!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 PM

Honestly the dealership tried to get me into a new H2 instead of an H1 and I honestly was just barely coming up with the cash and stuff but yea if offroading is your thing definatly go with the H1, sure you can get a brand new h2 for the price of a used h1 but the thing is if you REALLY are going to abuse it the H1 can take more abuse then the H2 hands down, plus the diesel makes offroading soo much easier can get the high end torque and power at a very low RPM setting. not to mention the independant suspension etc etc...
And yea it doesnt seem practical for daily driving but I honestly have no problem with it... i goto the mall, goto my college, even fitted in a very low parking garage at a hospital... so honestly its not that big of a deal... if you really want it then parking 50 feet further then you would with a smaller vehicle really doesnt matter plus good excersize :P

Old 08-22-2006, 02:17 AM

another repair set me back $15 CDN during the weekend when we were unloading the quad one of the rear clearance lights under the tailgate snapped off taking some of the frame with it so today I bought a new one at a local auto parts store and upgraded from old clearance lights to LED clearance lights and it set me back $15CDN including new chrome frame.. I am thinking on doing this with all my clearance lights definatly improves the look in my opinion

Old 08-22-2006, 04:43 PM

So i know the gas mileage sucks in the H1 (any SUV, really). But is it true that diesel gas is better gas milage than regular? I drive an Armada now, and practically fill it up weekly. Can I epect the same? How many miles you think you get on a full tank?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 PM

Anyone else with some info / advice??

Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 AM

diesel's in general get better mileage than gas engines, but your mileage won't be much better than what you'd get in an H2. you have an extra ton to tote around (8500 vs. 6500 lbs). but diesel's just want to run, and if your main goal is for offroad, the H1 is definitely the best available, as long as the trail is wide enough. but, there are few places my friend's have gone in their H1s that I haven't been able to follow. if i had a front locker, i probably could have followed them anywhere.

the H1 is a lot more expensive to repair, all the parts are specific, they even have 3 different sized half shafts, so spares can be an issue if you want to carry those that are most prone to breaking. the brakes are odd, as the rotors are inboard, not inside the wheels. more difficult to maintain that way. all in all, i'd like to have one, and everytime i see the yellow open top at the dealer i send the Mrs. a text message or two. maybe some day she'll cave in. or they'll sell it and i'll be sad . . . .

i'm in no way an expert on an H1, but i love to hear myself type.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 PM

Shortbus... The roadblock in my quest to purchase an H1 is the Mrs as well. If only they understood! So as far as the H1 engine is concerned, I heard it is basically the same engine as in a Suburban? If thats the case, I would assume the parts would be easy to find and not that expensive.