Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Production Numbers

Old 06-23-2011, 08:56 AM

H3X's never seemed rare to me. I see them all the time on the highways of Connecticut. I see 4 on a regular basis, 3 are in my town, a couple of Desert Orange and a Black one. Someone who works at our town hall has a Victory Red H3X that she drives to work sometimes.

One of the Orange ones belongs to one of my neighbors. He has added additional bling beyond the H3X package and in my opinion has gone too far. It looks rediculous to me but he's proud of it. My H3 is the complete opposite of his, set up for off-road with MT tires, rock protection, winch, etc.. He doesn't like mine.
To each his own I guess, but at least I can get out of my driveway in the winter. He has to drive something else.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 AM

I would think the Alpha model is extremely rare. Seeing how only around 20k regular Hummers were produced, the rare model would be nowhere near that number.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
To each his own I guess, but at least I can get out of my driveway in the winter. He has to drive something else.
That makes me sad, poor HUMMER!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by MultipleHummerGuy
I would think the Alpha model is extremely rare. Seeing how only around 20k regular Hummers were produced, the rare model would be nowhere near that number.
I'm liking to think my Alpha is rare and that's why I'm only driving it in a couple more winters. The wife drives it most of the time cause she loves it so much. I've got to admit these Hummers are very cool vehicles.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
H3X's never seemed rare to me. I see them all the time on the highways of Connecticut. I see 4 on a regular basis, 3 are in my town, a couple of Desert Orange and a Black one. Someone who works at our town hall has a Victory Red H3X that she drives to work sometimes.

One of the Orange ones belongs to one of my neighbors. He has added additional bling beyond the H3X package and in my opinion has gone too far. It looks rediculous to me but he's proud of it. My H3 is the complete opposite of his, set up for off-road with MT tires, rock protection, winch, etc.. He doesn't like mine.
So how many of those H3X's of the 4 are Alpha's? My guess would be none of them.

I would also be interested to know if the person at your town hall has a Victory Red H3X is in fact an Alpha.

As a matter of fact, I would really be interested to hear from anyone that has a Victory Red H3X Alpha with Navigation and Cashmere interior.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by stevek813
So how many of those H3X's of the 4 are Alpha's? My guess would be none of them.

I would also be interested to know if the person at your town hall has a Victory Red H3X is in fact an Alpha.

As a matter of fact, I would really be interested to hear from anyone that has a Victory Red H3X Alpha with Navigation and Cashmere interior.
I agree with you on the rareness of the H3 Alpha's! I have had my Alpha in Green Bay since November and I still have yet to this day to see another Alpha around here. Typically all I see are H2's and H3's with the straight 5. As a matter of fact i have not seen one Alpha ever around here for sale or driving. I've seen another one for sale from the same dealer where I bought mine with 20k miles on it for 26k but of course that's in Lansing Michigan.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by stevek813
$26,941... 2008 Hummer H3X Alpha... red exterior and cashmere interior... 39,xxx miles...good looking Hummer for sale at Sewell in Plano, Texas.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by KC_Metal
I agree with you on the rareness of the H3 Alpha's! I have had my Alpha in Green Bay since November and I still have yet to this day to see another Alpha around here. Typically all I see are H2's and H3's with the straight 5. As a matter of fact i have not seen one Alpha ever around here for sale or driving. I've seen another one for sale from the same dealer where I bought mine with 20k miles on it for 26k but of course that's in Lansing Michigan.
I am a bit of a numbers geek and I have done a couple of calculations based on the production numbers that GM provided to me. While it is not completely possible for anyone to determine exactly how many of a particular H3 were produced, I believe my guess is as good as any.

I will post some food for though numbers a bit later today or tomorrow. Some folks might just be surprised by just how rare their H3. Please note, my numbers will be for model year 2008 only.

As a preview and not that this is scientific in any way I went out to Carmax this morning and searched on

"2008 Hummer H3" As of this morning at 8:45 Central time there were 143 '08's out there.

I also searched

"2008 Hummer H3 Alpha". There were only 15 Alpha's available at all Carmax locations throughout the country.

Alpha's are indeed rare my friends. I will post more specific numbers a bit later.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
That's some funny stuff with the 2005 model year H3s listed! Funny thing is I can't find ANY 2005 H3s for sale anywhere. "Wiki" anything is a joke, anyone can post anything. I just read some of the "Wiki" post and right from the get go there are more than a few "mistakes" and tons of incorrect information.

I'm with stevek813 onthis one. GM has the #s and those are the only #s I will believe. From my dealings with GM on a similar subject it was stated that the 2008 model year H3s saw thw highest production #s of all 5 model years (2006-2010)
While you should be careful w/ Wiki-stuff, it doesn't list 2005 model years - it's 2005 calendar year sales (when the 2006 models came out). Though the number is a bit off - there were 35,544 H3s sold in 2005.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
While you should be careful w/ Wiki-stuff, it doesn't list 2005 model years - it's 2005 calendar year sales (when the 2006 models came out). Though the number is a bit off - there were 35,544 H3s sold in 2005.
My friend showed me this site about scanning your vin#. It worked great on my dad's Tahoe Sport but it didn't show anything for my 2008. Give it a run with your vin #'s and see if yours show up. My dad's 99 Tahoe Sport is 1 of 2 because it has every option available. It started it's life as a Military vehicle.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=3GNEK18R3XG190799

Thanks,

KC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Production Numbers