Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Production Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Production Numbers

Been searching to see what the final production numbers were for the Hummer H3, especially the last year.

Can not find any data anywhere.

Did a search here as well.

Anyone know where I can get these numbers? Thanks.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM

I do not have the production numbers for H3's for 2010 but I was able to track down the total number of H3's for model year 2008.

I was also able to get the total number of Alpha's made for 2008. After that the trail went cold.

I was not able to get any additional breakdowns (color, H3X package, navigation equipped etc.).

My numbers came directly from General Motors and while they were very helpful, I was a bit disappointed that they couldn't tell me much about my specific H3 Alpha. I haven't given up completely on finding my information but I am quickly running out of places to look.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by stevek813
I do not have the production numbers for H3's for 2010 but I was able to track down the total number of H3's for model year 2008.

I was also able to get the total number of Alpha's made for 2008. After that the trail went cold.

I was not able to get any additional breakdowns (color, H3X package, navigation equipped etc.).

My numbers came directly from General Motors and while they were very helpful, I was a bit disappointed that they couldn't tell me much about my specific H3 Alpha. I haven't given up completely on finding my information but I am quickly running out of places to look.
Hi I also have the 2008 Alpha and I was wondering how many were produced in 2008? Thanks! KC

Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 PM

For model year 2008 there were 31,142 Hummer H3's produced. Of those, 6,881 were equipped with the LH8 5.3 liter V8 (Alpha) engine.

As I stated previously, I was not able to get any other numbers from General Motors and this is unfortunate because I would really like to know how rare my Alpha is.

I have a Victory Red 2008 H3X Alpha and based on some calculations I have made along with information I gathered from my dealer, I believe that there were less than 100 of these vehicles and less than 50 is not out of the question.

My dealer told me that only 10 - 15 percent of all H3's were manufactured with the H3X package on it. The reason there aren't more is because the package was expensive and it didn't really add a ton of options to the vehicle to make it worthwhile (more chrome, painted grill, different tires and wheels, hard time cover etc.) and people just didn't want to pay for it.

I would be interested to hear how many others have the H3X option package to verify what my dealer told me.

In any event, my personal experience does support the rarity of my particular H3. It's been 6 months since I really started to research H3's and during that time, I have only seen one Alpha (besides mine) on the road and I have never seen an H3X.

Please keep in mind that I don't live in the sticks somewhere, I live in the suburbs of Chicago and do quite a bit of driving.

That said, I am not likely to see another Victory Red H3X Alpha anytime soon.

If you ever find any additional Production Numbers I would very much appreciate if you would send them to me. I hope I helped you a bit with the info I was able to trace.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Default h3x alpha

i have o8 h3x alpha with carbon flash paint, it would be nice to know how many are out there. are you gonna keep count

Old 06-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Default h3x alpha

i do live in the sticks

Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by stevek813
For model year 2008 there were 31,142 Hummer H3's produced. Of those, 6,881 were equipped with the LH8 5.3 liter V8 (Alpha) engine.

As I stated previously, I was not able to get any other numbers from General Motors and this is unfortunate because I would really like to know how rare my Alpha is.

I have a Victory Red 2008 H3X Alpha and based on some calculations I have made along with information I gathered from my dealer, I believe that there were less than 100 of these vehicles and less than 50 is not out of the question.

My dealer told me that only 10 - 15 percent of all H3's were manufactured with the H3X package on it. The reason there aren't more is because the package was expensive and it didn't really add a ton of options to the vehicle to make it worthwhile (more chrome, painted grill, different tires and wheels, hard time cover etc.) and people just didn't want to pay for it.

I would be interested to hear how many others have the H3X option package to verify what my dealer told me.

In any event, my personal experience does support the rarity of my particular H3. It's been 6 months since I really started to research H3's and during that time, I have only seen one Alpha (besides mine) on the road and I have never seen an H3X.

Please keep in mind that I don't live in the sticks somewhere, I live in the suburbs of Chicago and do quite a bit of driving.

That said, I am not likely to see another Victory Red H3X Alpha anytime soon.

If you ever find any additional Production Numbers I would very much appreciate if you would send them to me. I hope I helped you a bit with the info I was able to trace.
Awesome that you have the H3X! I Think mine is just an H3 Alpha. I have the Leather, DVD, Moon Roof and all the other goodies and I haven't seen another Alpha in Green Bay since I bought mine a year ago. I drove to Saginaw Michigan and bought it pretty cheap. I love that truck!!!

Old 06-21-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by mikeyd
i have o8 h3x alpha with carbon flash paint, it would be nice to know how many are out there. are you gonna keep count
This link says there were a little over 20k built but that is only in the U.S.

Hummer H3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yearly American sales

Calendar Year Total U.S. sales 2005 33,140 2006[8] 54,052 2007 43,431 2008[9] 20,681 2009[10] 5,487

Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM

Unfortunately the numbers on Wikipedia may or may not be accurate. While there is some good information out there about the history of Hummer the only source for accurate production numbers is to get them from General Motors which is where I got the ones I quoted.

In the 2008 model year there were only 6,881 Alpha models manufactured in North America.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by KC_Metal
Calendar Year Total U.S. sales 2005 33,140 2006[8] 54,052 2007 43,431 2008[9] 20,681 2009[10] 5,487

That's some funny stuff with the 2005 model year H3s listed! Funny thing is I can't find ANY 2005 H3s for sale anywhere. "Wiki" anything is a joke, anyone can post anything. I just read some of the "Wiki" post and right from the get go there are more than a few "mistakes" and tons of incorrect information.

I'm with stevek813 onthis one. GM has the #s and those are the only #s I will believe. From my dealings with GM on a similar subject it was stated that the 2008 model year H3s saw thw highest production #s of all 5 model years (2006-2010)

Quick Reply: Production Numbers