PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will Hummer civilian vehicles rise again?
Yes - Hummer will be back someday.
54.29%
No - It's dead, jim.
45.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Do you think Hummer will ever rise again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Angry Here is how to Get the Hummer Back.........

Here is the strategy too get the Hummer Back

Vote out the Democrats and wait until that left wing idiot Obama is out office and replaced with a good business minded Republican president. I am sure Obama held GM hostage, and as a condition of the GM government bailout GM was forced to retire the Hummer line. GM said they retired the Hummer line because sales were down, this is bull.....The 37% of the countries left wing loons hate the Hummer and hate, capitalist folks, and hate capitalistic toys. You can bet Ferrari sales were down as well.

Businesses will grow after a good republican president and incomes will increase. Then the capitalistic folks will start buying toys and will want the Hummer back.

My opinion

Old 05-02-2014, 01:31 PM

One-sided politics are a joke. Someone like Stephen Wynne (CEO of DELorean Motor Company) needs to buy the brand and refurbish/restore and sell Hummers like they do with the DeLoreans now. You can go buy a DeLorean good as new or go by original parts and upgraded parts from an official facility. Doesn't matter what kind of scumbag president that we have, this could be done. They will never be produced again like they were. It would probably have to be some kind of private organization. I wish....

Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 PM

If this lives up to it's potential, this is good enough for me. In fact, with all the stigma surrounding the Hummer brand I'd prefer something with a GMC badge. In-Depth: General Motors Designing HUMMER-Like Vehicle In GMC Design Studio*|*Hummer Guy

Old 05-03-2014, 04:17 AM

The reason why the brand name died wasn't because of viability, it was because GM was too diversified and had to shed its brands like Hummer and Saturn because they had to focus on their core brands of GM and Chevy. All their brands needed to recover.

I don't think it will be back because the economy won't let it.

Maybe a 3rd party will pick it up if the economy looks good, but the economy is in deep ****, so that isn't likely either.

So, for those owners, hold on to your rare and ever diminishing work of art that represent a time that we may never be seen again.

On a side note, I have a neighbor that has a stock H3 that he doesn't take care of at all. It irritates the **** out of me that he would let it go to waste. I hope he sells it, so I can possibly bring it back to what is should be.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:42 PM

Do you guys think parts will be available? I hate that the brand is gone, but worry that I wont be able to get parts in the future.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:50 AM

While Hummer were going bust Toyota were releasing the Prado 150 which approx 2" shorter and 2" narrower than the Hummer , mpg is only slightly better as well . There is a market for these vehicles but companies the size of GM have huge and diversified financial investments in the stock market and when something goes wrong something has to give . The Hummer brand may have been dropped simply because the price of banana's plunged , or maybe they had shares in Porsche when the company went into receivership through a stock market gamble . The Hummer is whichever way you look at it designed for a niche market for people who have the money to buy a supercar but wouldn't be seen dead in one . It was a flagship a rolling statement of advertisement for GM , it was never intended to be hugely profitable and so it was sold to recoup loses incurred elsewhere .

I am an atheist but i will get down on my knees and pray Toyota buys the Hummer brand , i don't expect it to happen but with Toyota build quality the Hummer would truly be the King of all 4x4's .

Old 09-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Cool

The civilianized versions are gone because there just wasn't enough sales to meet the business model. The military versions as far as the US are concerned are soon going to follow. Iraq and Afghanistan proved they just can't keep our war fighter safe enough to carry out the mission. Unconventional wars require unconventional war fighting. More armament, intelligence and ability to adapt to various roles and payloads and the military Humvee is nothing more than a glorified off road vehicle.
That said, I love my H3 for what it is.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Hummer was the only profitable division that GM had before there BK, the only brand that GM never lost money on as it made a profit till the last day of production. I believe It will be back, if there is enough demand they will be produced again. GM still owns the rights to all, there not letting that go any time soon.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:58 AM

It would be nice to see something like the H2 again but I think that time has passed Especially with Carl Zipfel moving on from GM's advanced truck design studio. But something from GM to challenge the Raptor could be cool too. Something capable off road to challenge the Jeep since the FJ is done or I could just go with the Ford next time around.