PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: Will Hummer civilian vehicles rise again?
Yes - Hummer will be back someday.
54.29%
No - It's dead, jim.
45.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Do you think Hummer will ever rise again?

Old 10-30-2012, 05:11 PM

I think Hummer will be back again. the mainstream media wanted to talk trash on the gas economy of Hummers and people loved to agree, BUT I know when I drive down the street in my bone stock H3, I see people looking at it all the time and i know they wish they had one. These are some of the most capable vehicles ever made and I think GM will wake up one day and bring back the real 4x4 brand.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM

The name "HUMMER" and H2's and 3's are done. We're not going to see them come back--and I was one of the biggest proponents to see a rebirth.

BUT, it is AWESOME to see AM General starting "HUMVEE" and the birth of their C-series (civilian series) of their HMMWV independent of GM and all their associated BS.
In order to play the HUMVEE game, you need to pony upwards of $60K for the kit and then another God knows what for the drivetrain.

Last edited by twinmill28; 11-01-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 PM

I think it is dead...way to many people HATE Hummers...I hear **** everyday for owning a h2...I dont care cause I lovemy Hummer!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Default Hummer will be back!

I know this is an old thread but an interesting topic. I really think a manufacturer like VW could pick up the hummer from the ashes and have it better than ever, with a bio diesel engine and all. Yes GM could put a duromax in it but hell look at where they are headed these days, the Volt!!! Fuel economy is a good argument but quite frankly the market was flooded with to many vehicles and now having the heard filtered could be a great starting spot for a new hummer. I have people eyeing up my H3T all day long, and when you tell people you own a Hummer they are all up in it as if it were a space ship.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM

Well here lies the problem.

Some on this forum says no, this effects for researchers (also marketing) at GM reading that people who own Hummers have no hope of seeing it and shows that they have no interest in buying Hummer again. There for seeing no market.

(Not that I believe current votes of 32 will change anything.)

I believe if everyone on here is positive about it we might see something happen sooner.

Explain to me why Ford came out with the Raptor edition of the F150? That POS is worse in gas mileage then the H2. There is a guy who drives one at my work and he is telling me he would like to get a H2 instead. But he is stuck with $900 monthly payment and to find someone who will take over is 0 chance He also told me the mileage was 9 mpg!!! WTF!

All GM has to do is make fun of the Raptor (or ANY vehicle that has worse gas mileage) in public and people will forget about it. Make a sweet a** commercial and people will love it again. The power of social media.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM

Now that global warming is dead, it's time for Hummer to come back!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 AM

Yes and the first Hummer off of the assembly line when they start making them again will be towed down 8 Mile Road in Detroit by a DeLorean. It's going to be wonderful, a parade of H1's, H2's, H3's H3T's and H4's.

And while they are at it, they are going to fire up the Packard Motor Car Company again along with moving Tuckers into full production.

As Ricardo Montalban used to say "Welcome to Fantasy Island."

I love my Hummer just as much as the rest of you do but it's dead.

And even if GM starts building another vehicle that is Hummer-like under the GMC badge, it won't be a Hummer. It will be a GMC.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Default Hummer comeback?

I posted on another thread that I just bought a 2006 Hummer H2. It has a lot of miles on it, and it's got some issues -- BUT...

I'm more hoping that Hummer eventually gets the same kind of following other classic cars have. MGB, in particular. They've been gone forever and people still buy them for top-dollar, and spend a small fortune fixing them up.

They're insanely fun to drive, and I couldn't care less about the gas mileage. They *look* cool, too.

I've only had mine for two weeks (and am kicking myself for not buying a brand new one years ago!) but I think I have a good grasp on what it needs (two bolts broke the exhaust manifold; one each side) and I can get those fixed, no problem. From there, who knows?

I honestly think (*gasp*) if I ever sell it, I'll get more than what I paid for it.

One thing I'm hopeful of -- a site/store that specializes in Hummer parts -- OEM and Aftermarket. I've been to sites that claim their GM OEM but they're not very good, especially when you're looking for something very specific. Most sites have the "blow-out" pictures of parts and such, but they don't seem to match up to what they're actually selling. Something more intuitive from these sites would be awesome. If you guys know of a good Hummer site to buy both OEM and/or Aftermarket parts -- please let me know. Maybe I just haven't found it yet.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Default Holy thread resurrection!

Originally Posted by skeptic
GM still owns the brand. If they can get the gov't out of their business, and emissions/cafe standards don't make it impractical, then yes. Not sure about the H2, but the H3 and possible H4/HX still make sense.

As I've mentioned in another thread, I'd be happy to see them them come out with updated versions under the Chevy/GM brand. Chevrolet H2/H3, etc.. I couldn't care less which GM company brand they are sold under.
In-Depth: General Motors Designing HUMMER-Like Vehicle In GMC Design Studio

Mon, Mar 3, 2014

Old 04-29-2014, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by C.Green
I think it's dead. Its high emissions and high fuel consumption are not suitable for future development.
No question, the last version of the H2/H3 is dead, never coming back. The Hummer brand is also dead for a long time, probably forever. However, I still hope GM comes out with a modern Hummer-like vehicle. Tough looks, great off road ability. Emissions and bad mpg are not a reason to not make one. The 2015 Silverado and Suburban are both rated at 18 mpg combined. Stepping down to an H3 or even H4 sized offroad SUV should make for better than Suburban mpg. Clean diesel is another option. Or even just make a highly customized Tahoe/Yukon similar to the way Ford makes the Raptor.

The Hummer brand is tarnished, but I honestly don't care if a GM produced vehicle says Hummer on the side, or GMC or Chevrolet. I'll judge whatever they come out with on it's own merit not on it's badge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: POLL: Do you think Hummer will ever rise again?