PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Onstar Turn by Turn Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Default Onstar Turn by Turn Navigation

Tried the Onstar Turn by Turn navigation today to see how it compared to the DVD Nav. It's kind of a neat feature, especially if you don't have a GPS/Nav system already. Apparently, it's only available in '07 model and up GM vehicles. It's nice how you can subscribe to it for a week at a time (must upgrade current Onstar pack, pay pro-rated fee, then must remember to downgrade or they keep billing you). Thismakes it handyto only pay and use it when you are going outside your known areas, such as whenyou take a trip. All in all, itworked pretty well, although directions to my parents house led me to (I kid you not) a gravel pit several miles away[]. But directions back to my office and such worked fine.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Default RE: Onstar Turn by Turn Navigation

What do they charge for this feature?

Old 02-16-2007, 12:19 AM

The prices are not yet posted on the Onstar web site and I only asked for the upgrade prices, so I'm not totally sure. As mentioned, they pro-rate the charge for the remainder of the month, but you can cancel (or downgrade) at any time and they will credit pro-rated remainder. In my case, I have the 1 year Onstar safe-and-sound plan, so I upgraded for one month starting today, cost me $14.95 CAN for the rest of the month. This also includes the full meal deal (TM) feature set of the directions-and-connections plan. So we can get Onstar to check and book hotel rooms, dinner reservations,etc. They'll even get your car to honk it's horn and flash its lights if you've lost your car at the mall or airport.

My GF took the Hummer away for the weekend on a road trip to visit family (new baby), so she's going to try it out and see how it goes. I have the factory NAV that I added to the H3 after buying with the 6CD changer, but have pulled it out as I need to fix a scratch on the screen, so I thought I'd enable this feature to add some bells and whistles to the ol' H3 for her trip!

Old 02-16-2007, 03:14 AM

I love turn-by-turn nav. I use it all the time. It hasn't led me to the wrong address yet...plus it recalculates my route as soon as I veer off course (knowingly, as they close & repave streets in Dallas from time to time). I also like how it tells you how far away your destination is. It's very accurate. Worth every penny.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:00 AM

That's a pretty cool feature!! Maybe time to re-activate On-Star