PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift gate & phone ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Default lift gate & phone ??

I just purchased my '04 H2, and have a few questions, the dealer I purchased from could not answer them (ford).

1. The lift gate in the rear, is it supposed to go all the way up on it's own? I'm 5'1" and I have to push it up so I don't hit my head.

2. I noticed a mic and speaker on the drivers side headliner, is this for a phone system? If so where do I get info on how to get.

3. I also have a single, I think light button, on the headliner where my sunroof controls are, when you press a red light goes on but I have no idea what it is for. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Annette
NJ

Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Default RE: lift gate & phone ??

ah, another H2 owner, welcome.

the lift gate should go up, but because of its size and weight, it may need some help. its possible the shock arms are worn, so you may have to replace them. if you have a ladder on the tailgate, it definitely needs coaxing (i've hit my head a few times since adding the ladder).

the mic and speaker are for the onstar system. if the previous owner did any electronic mods, it's possible your onstar isn't there anymore. mine was history right after i picked it up.

the switch on the headliner box that houses your sunroof controls could be anything. do you have fog lights in front on the brushguard, or on the roof? the thing to do would be to start the truck, walk around it and check all your lights, then hit the switch and walk again to see if anything changes. that switch isn't factory, so it could be for any number of add-ons. mine just happened to be for the roof mounted fog lights. if you have lights on the roof, make sure you take off any covers before you try, just in case. or, you could leave them and if they melt, the switch is for the lights.

where are the pics? we need pics.