Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Help..identify powered mirror. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/help-identify-powered-mirror-39213/)

homespect 01-05-2018 02:01 PM

Help..identify powered mirror.

I just had my mirrors replaced through insurance.
I had powered/heated mirrors.
They were replaced with non powered/heated mirrors.
my insurance is saying that according to my V.I.N., my truck had standard mirrors and the powered mirrors must be aftermarket. I have the powered mirrors and wondering how to identify these as an original GM part. There is nothing on the mirror that actually says GM but there are a bunch of numbets. Thank you.

NoSpoon 01-05-2018 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by homespect (Post 349085)
my insurance is saying that according to my V.I.N., my truck had standard mirrors and the powered mirrors must be aftermarket. I have the powered mirrors and wondering how to identify these as an original GM part. There is nothing on the mirror that actually says GM but there are a bunch of numbets. Thank you.

It would be helpful if you could give a lot more information. What vehicle, model year, etc.

woodwardsh3 01-05-2018 10:23 PM

Let me guss state farms insurance.

woodwardsh3 01-05-2018 10:26 PM

If it has all the switches on the door panel and wires in the mirrors then it came with them. And I don't think the vin dictates what options are on your truck.

TAINTER 01-06-2018 07:50 AM

Glove box door will have all of the RPO codes for options in it.
Any GM dealer can run the specs with the VIN.

Never heard of an H2 with manual mirrors. Some don't have power folding option, but I thought they all had power to move the reflector (glass).

mcioci 01-11-2018 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by homespect (Post 349085)

Your insurance company doesn't know squat. All hummer mirrors have electronic folding motors. They didnt want to spend the money on them. They bought aftermarket ones. Just go on ebay and you will find them. no heat and no electronic fold.

Doc Olds 01-12-2018 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mcioci (Post 349263)
Your insurance company doesn't know squat. All hummer mirrors have electronic folding motors. They didnt want to spend the money on them. They bought aftermarket ones. Just go on ebay and you will find them. no heat and no electronic fold.

H3s don't, they are Hummers.... Ooops. ;)

mcioci 01-12-2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 349275)
H3s don't, they are Hummers.... Ooops. ;)

Stupid me. I always assume people are talking about the H2's :D:D

650Hawk 02-21-2018 04:22 PM

DE6 is the RPO code for outside remote electric mirrors (on mine, anyway). Check in your glove box.

In any case, it really shouldn't matter what your rig came with. Insurance should replace what is damaged, returning the vehicle to it's pre-accident condition.

choochmalooch 02-22-2018 10:21 AM

Like the commercial says "You don't have the wrong insurance, you have the wrong insurance company!":D