PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement seatbelt buckle plastic surround? GM part number?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Default Replacement seatbelt buckle plastic surround? GM part number?

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy replacement seatbelt buckle surrounds (the plastic part that surrounds the thing you plug the buckle into). 2 of mine are broken. I can't find a replacement. I figured it should be a generic seatbelt part from gm and not a rare hummer part. I only see buying the entire seatbelt apparatus when it comes to hummer. I have a 2004 Hummer H2 with beige interior. I'm referring to the buckles in the 2nd row

Old 01-25-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy replacement seatbelt buckle surrounds (the plastic part that surrounds the thing you plug the buckle into). 2 of mine are broken. I can't find a replacement. I figured it should be a generic seatbelt part from gm and not a rare hummer part. I only see buying the entire seatbelt apparatus when it comes to hummer. I have a 2004 Hummer H2 with beige interior. I'm referring to the buckles in the 2nd row
Yes, you have to buy the entire buckle latch that bolts to the sub-frame of the seat.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:58 PM

Update on this if anyone has the same problem in the future... The plastic covers are the same in a lot of GM vehicles, no need to buy the entire apparatus from GM just to replace the covers. I found very similar colored rear seat buckle covers in a trail blazer at a junk yard. If you take an ice pick and poke into the large side near the bottom (see photo) they will pop apart. Snapped the trail blazer covers into the rear buckles of my H2. Looks pretty good! The broken ones looked like sh*t and the jagged plastic was sharp.