Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Engine Revving issue!! ADVISE PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Default RE: H3 Engine Revving issue!! ADVISE PLEASE!!

Well, so much for thinkin that the problem just went away magically. It happened again this morning.. gggrrrrrr......
Thanks alot for FIXING it GM!!!!!
BTW, HummerGuy.. Where are you located, and who was the dealer ?
Tom

Old 08-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I live in the Chicago area. My Dealer is Weil Cadillac/Hummer of Libertyville IL. They are great. They never question you, they just fix it. I never brought the idling issue to their attention because it happens so infrequently that I don't think it was bad enough to bring it in for, but I should have told them this last time. If it ever gets to be something that happens every single time I drive the truck, then I'll definitely bring it in for that.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:17 PM

I am not claiming that it is a MAJOR issue.. Just that it isn't right. If it is reported enough then GM will be forced to do something about it.. What if it doesn't get worse till AFTER the 50000 mile warranty runs out?
Please do us both a favor and report it.. My last 2 episodes were a month apart, but it still urks me that it happens.. I paid WAY to much for a vehicle that acts like that....
Regards,
Tom

Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

I'll call them and tell them about it. Next time I bring it in I'll let them know also and have them check it out. My dealer is about 40 miles away and the service department is not open on weekends so it's almost impossible for me to get there and back unless I take the day off or go in at 5:30 AM and be late for work.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:24 PM

I know the feeling. Lynch Hummer is a 100 mile drive for me... But I guess I knew it when I bought it. Just never expected that I would have this kind of problem.. It is probably best for them that I live that far away.. Otherwise I would definitely be at their door every time it happened..

Old 08-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

I hear ya. Just remember, if GM doesn't have an official fix for something, there isn't much the dealer can do to fix a problem they know nothing about. The service department's hands are kinda tied. They get stuck in the middle because GM doesn't want to address it. If it's something that really bothers you, you might have to go above the dealer's heads and address it with GM directly unfortunately.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 PM

I have already done that.. Not tryin to blame Lynch.. But I do believe that they shouldn't be selling them if they know of the issue.. Or ATLEAST tell the buyers!

Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Oh I agree they need to address it. What if that problem happens while in gear on a highway or side street and somebody can't brake in time because there is gas being applied at the same time you try to brake. There are 100 different scenarios you can think of that would cause an accident.

Remember back years ago when I think it was Buick or Oldmobile that had problems with those cars that was causing people to go plowing through storefronts and crowds of people? That's what I keep thinking of.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:47 AM

Hi guys, have you figured out the fix to this problem? I am having the same issue with my 09 H3T manual trans too after changing all the spark plugs and cleaning the throttle body.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kyletentative
Hi guys, have you figured out the fix to this problem? I am having the same issue with my 09 H3T manual trans too after changing all the spark plugs and cleaning the throttle body.
Hey.... No they have not figured this out because this thread is from TWELVE YEARS AGO and none of those people are here.

Do NOT dig up OLD threads. Please see: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/