Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   H3 Engine Revving issue!! ADVISE PLEASE!! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/h3-engine-revving-issue-advise-please-1231/)

kreoke 07-19-2006 08:49 PM

H3 Engine Revving issue!! ADVISE PLEASE!!

I have a manual tranny H3 that I purchased from Lynch Hummer in January. Shortly after I noticed a strange quirk.. Occasionally when I shift gears the engine rev's up to around 2500 RPM while the clutch is depressed. If I am coming to a stop at a light, the engine rev's up to 2500 RPM until it feels like backing off.
I reported the issue to the dealer, and they immediately looked into it. I drove the 100 miles for service, and the reloaded a new program in hopes of a cure. Less than a month later, the problem returned.
Lynch Hummer contacted GM once again for advice, and were told that they were not going to do anything about it due to the fact that there were not enough complaints. The service manager at Lynch drove TWO of the maual H3's off the lot, and reported similar problems to me.....
So what do I do? GM seems to be snubbing their nose at me. I want to keep the H3. But I am sure to lose when I do decide to sell or trade due to the defect that I would have to pass along to the next owner.....

Linus Gump 07-19-2006 11:39 PM

RE: H3 Engine Revving issue!! ADVISE PLEASE!!

That is the exact issue that made me decide to get an auto. I went into the dealership with a shopping list of options and was going to special order a manual, then I drove one. There was a auto on the lot that didn't have all of the stuff I wanted, but they said they would make me a good deal on it because it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I had to buy everything through the parts department afterwards to get close to what I wanted.

dilo2001gt 07-20-2006 12:06 AM

i would call GM and keep calling them and tell Lynnch to call again and tell them it more then one truck
Lynnch Hummer is the largest in the world you would think GM would listen to them.

kreoke 07-20-2006 02:11 AM

Hey Guys, I am really appreciating the feedback. I AM communicating with GM through Lynch Hummer, but have yet to be pleased....
The ONLY resolution that they have offered so far is the possibility of a "Buy Back'... Is that a cop out or what????
I LIKE the Hummer concept, but when you have such a pricy vehicle that pulls up to a stop light with the engine revving up.. Well, don't ya think that folks think ya are lookin for a race?? Thats how I feel... Granted, it is only on occasion that this happens, but none the less, it is not what I thought I was buying, nor what I expected...
More feedback is welcome....
Regards.

Linus Gump 07-20-2006 02:23 AM

The buy back may be a cop out, but if they give you full refund in exchange for another one, or maybe an auto, is that such a bad deal? I know you bought a manual for a reason, but if they are willing to basically swap vehicles with you, I would recommend an automatic. The fuel economy isn't different enough to worry about, and the crawl ratio isn't as good, but realistically, how often do you actually need those creepy crawly gears? Besides, the juice box is easier to drive. Since I bought mine and have taken it off road, I am now actually happy that I bought the auto and not the manual, even if it wasn't revving up at stop lights.

kreoke 07-20-2006 02:27 AM

yes, the buy back would be nice at FULL PRICE.. Problem is I already have 11,500 miles logged on the truck.. I put alot of $ down on it and doubt that they would offer a full refund.. I don't even expect it.
But what if they do buy it back? Are they gonna continue selling defective manual trannys??

Linus Gump 07-20-2006 02:30 AM

I would hope that for '07 they have fixed the problem.

BTW I replied to your PM.

HummerGuy 08-27-2006 09:13 PM

I had the same problem, but magically, it went away in the last month. I took it to the dealer twice to get some drivetrain mechanical work done. Maybe they reflashed the computer. I'll check the paperwork and see if they did that.

kreoke 08-27-2006 10:20 PM

Mike,
Funny, we BOTH have the red H3 with the 5 speed....
How many miles do you currently have on yours? I am over 13,000 now and have not had a revving problem for about a month... It seems to be affected by the type of driving. Kinda like it has to resync the puter after a long trip...
Nonetheless, it is a FLAW in the programming in my opinion...
To bad GM won't "Man Up" and address it!

HummerGuy 08-28-2006 01:44 PM

I have a little over 18k miles on mine. They did nothing to the computer when I brought it in. There are others in the forum that have the same issue, and never had it fixed.

So far I have figured out that it only happens if you hit the clutch to **** or stop and the engine is revving at around 4500 to 5000 rpms or above when that happens. It seems like the it looses it after that point and doesnt know what to do. I think that is the cause, but as far as the cure, yes they do need to address it because if you re-engage the clutch at that high rpms, it can throw you off a little.