PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Cylinder Head replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Default H3 Cylinder Head replacement

I'm a female and I took my 2006 H3 into the dealer for some minor warranty work last week and it has 48K miles on it.The engine seemed to run great except the "check engine" light had come on previously a couple times and would only stay on for a couple hours and then go off. I told the service rep about that but told her that it hadn't done it in a few months. Theservice repcalled me and told me that a valve was sticking and it was missing on the 2nd and 3rdcylinder. The rep stated thatthey had to replace the cylinder head and it would take a couple days.

I just got it back and it seems to run worse than when I took it in.I don't think theyreplaced the cylinder head. How would I know that they actually "did" replace it and used a new head and not a used one?The engine is still dusty and only a couple of the nuts look like they have been wrenched.I don't know what to do, is there a place to finddocumentation on what they did turn in against my warranty? How would I know if they replaced the head? If they did how do I know they used a "new" one and not a used one? Thanks!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 Cylinder Head replacement

They must have given you a receipt with the work done. Tell them your current problem and take it back, ask for the service manager and tell him you want to see proof they replaced the head by having them show you thier paper work proving they ordered the head and thecast numbers on the new on. They are date coded and would hve to be menufactured after March 31, 2006 tobe the new hardenedvalve seat version of the head.

Or, better yet, go to a different dealer and tell them your story and ask them to check it out.

Good luck.