PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 06:47 AM

Insurance people say they are going to restore it.
I don't se how, with almost no parts available. I guess we'll see.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by BigDog 1701
Insurance people say they are going to restore it.
I don't se how, with almost no parts available. I guess we'll see.

They will probably start trying to source USED parts and realize how expensive it's going to be and change their story. Keep us updated though

Old 04-11-2018, 10:20 AM

Old 04-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Old 04-11-2018, 01:30 PM

wheels, tires and 3 seats is very easily doable. Unless there is damage to engine or front/rear end when they dropped truck to ground.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 PM

Man that just SUCKS!!! I've had two vehicles stolen. In all fairness, the insurance company did what they could, but neither vehicle was ever the same after. I hope they at least replace the vehicle with one in "same as" condition. I hope there is a special place in hell waiting for thieves like that. Keep an eye out on eBay, Craigs list, and Amazon for recently added Hummer parts they got. You may get lucky and catch the bastards. Thieves have never been known for their intellect. Good luck finding another Hummer.

Last edited by rustywhite; 04-11-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:42 PM

While terrible that does look fixable. Had they gutted the door panels, dash, console, and other panels then it would be far more difficult. Looks like the seats and wheels/tires are going to be the biggest expense. Replacement passenger front seat will probably not have the headrest screen though. At least they found her. If she is in in good shape otherwise I'd be getting the parts together that are needed.

Probably not what you want but you can find stock wheels pretty regularly. if you are patient you can even find 4 spares easily enough which will have brand new original BFG's on them. I actually have two spares with new tires. Hopefully nothing underneath got trashed when it was put in to that spot. The gash in the concrete is kind of ugly but at least its pretty short. Looks like a rollback dropped it there.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Cool

Looking at the body, it doesn't appear like they took it joy riding. This looks like a professional grab and strip job and they got interrupted before they could get everything they wanted. Definitely looks restorable.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:05 AM

Man that sucks, I hope the thieves get what they deserve. I will be following this to see how the insurance company deals with the seat issues. It's not like they can just order new seats anymore.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 AM

Well, thanks to the incompetence of the tow truck drivers, my H2 is now totaled. They damaged the rear differential housing, the diff cover, front sway bars, both front rotors, steering linkages and several other parts underneath. This stuff put it over the repair limit. I'm so pissed. Of course Progressive isn't going to pay enough for Replacement.

Quick Reply: H2 Stolen