Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Radio Problems!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Default H2 Radio Problems!!!!!!!!

Hello, new member here, I have a an 04 H2 with factory stereo that I bought a few months ago. I am having problems where the door chimes ,radio,and on star wont play any audio at all from any of the speakers........sometimes........then the next day i open the door and I have chimes, radio everything. I changed to a different head unit, same thing, I changed the bose amp, still no change. all fuses are good and i have disconnected the battery multiple times, no change. I have checked the wiring harness for any loose connections, still nothing. I do know that when the chimes are working, if i disconnect the radio harness, they stop working. Does anyone have any ideas that I havn't tried before I gut the whole damn thing and replace everything?
Thanks,
Adam

Old 05-26-2018, 12:02 PM

Body Control Module? Buried against the firewall behind the left most vents, light switch, etc. Somewhat of a good location to potentially get wet when the roof lights or sunroof leaks (both invariably will at some point). I have not tried to remove mine but you can see the plugs on the edge of it when your remove the left dash trim panel. In order to remove that you first must remove the dash trim around the cluster. To remove that you must first at least pull the top edge of the dash center stack trim loose. To fully remove the center stack trim, well if you have replaced the radio already then you know. Pull the whole dang console, etc loose. lol

I do plan on trying a different BCM in mine but its probably going to be sometime over the summer before I get the time to mess with it.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:14 AM

Thanks For the reply! I hadn't considered the BCM. But it makes sense because every time I wash the H2 the radio starts working for a while....... Guess I'm pulling the dash again.
I will let you know,
Adam

Old 04-24-2019, 08:37 PM

Hello, I just found this thread and I am having this issue now exactly like you. I have no audio, chimes etc. I checked the 30 amp fuse under the engine block and that is good. I replaced the Bose amp and still no correction to the issue. I am curious what happened in your case? Was it the BCM after all?

Old 02-26-2022, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by asorber
Hello, new member here, I have a an 04 H2 with factory stereo that I bought a few months ago. I am having problems where the door chimes ,radio,and on star wont play any audio at all from any of the speakers........sometimes........then the next day i open the door and I have chimes, radio everything. I changed to a different head unit, same thing, I changed the bose amp, still no change. all fuses are good and i have disconnected the battery multiple times, no change. I have checked the wiring harness for any loose connections, still nothing. I do know that when the chimes are working, if i disconnect the radio harness, they stop working. Does anyone have any ideas that I havn't tried before I gut the whole damn thing and replace everything?
Thanks,
Adam
hello fellow member did you get it fixed? I have same issue with mine.. please help!!!

Old 03-21-2022, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Adam_garcia06
hello fellow member did you get it fixed? I have same issue with mine.. please help!!!
Adam, Welcome to HF.

This thread is almost THREE YEARS OLD. Avoid digging up old threads, instead start a new one if you have a question.. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Reporting a thread is NOT for asking a question. Post up your own brand new H2 Radio Question in the H2 Section.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 03-21-2022 at 12:54 PM.