PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 AC only blows out Defrost Vents

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cvendel
Diagnostic Test Codes
Thanks for answering that question from 4.5 months ago.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 PM

Well, I ran across the thread looking for solution to same issue on my 05' H2 and noticed nobody responded to the guy, so I chimed in :-)

Old 11-09-2017, 11:30 PM

BTW - a Tech2 Scan Tool will literally let you do everything on your H2's, you can find them on Amazon and Ebay for around $400, well worth the $ if you really want to know and control everything with your ODB2 on your H2's its same tool all of the GM techs use.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:31 PM

Oooops, typo - meant OBD2

Old 11-22-2017, 05:37 PM

I'm also in Arizona and the first time my battery dies the re-cal procedure worked. Got a new battery, tried the recal 3 times to no avail. I first tried the actuator I could find on the drivers side under the dash next to the console, it was not too bad to take off (two screws). That turned out to be the actuator the changes the DRIVERS side between Hot and Cold Air. I think it is OK but when I took it off the driver side blew HOT while the passenger side blew COLD. I just manually turned the shaft that the actuator would have and it now blows cold (It's November and still in the 90's) so that's OK until I replace it.
THEN I found the same type actuator above the gas pedal tucked WAY up and it was a Bi*** to get out, still only 2 screws but the top one was nearly impossible to get to and I had to rig a tool (vise grips and socket) to get it out.) Not fun at all. I discovered that this one is the actuator that controls if the air blows from the front vents or the defrost vents. I prefer the front vents but mine actuator died in the defrost position so I just turned the plastic plate the was attached to the actuator COUNTERCLOCKWISE and it moved 2 small levers so that the air now comes out the front vents like I want until the new actuator arrives. no hurry now. If you turn the plastic plate clockwise it will flow from the defrost vents again. If you just remove the plate altogether,(mine fell out with the actuator and was interesting to figure out how to get it back in alignment) the air will default to the front vents thank goodness.
Now on to Amazon to buy a few actuators. I'm pretty used to this. I've purchased 4 actuators so far for the rear hatch - they are so cheaply made. Smh.
Hope this helps somebody.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Please refrain from digging up old azzed threads and note that ALL H2 questions belong in the H2 section. You have merely perpetuated old crap in the wrong section.

See this thread re: Necro-bumping https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

Thread closed.