PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The gas station questions...

Old 02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Default The gas station questions...

I can't go to a gas station without someone asking me a question in the Hummer...most common is how many mpg do you get? Do you guys get that question all the time?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Nope.. Nobody has asked me yet... When you get out of your Hummer, just give them the look.. Yeah, you know the look.. Haha I am sure someone will though...

Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 AM

I had one jackass ask me about mileage---as he was filling up his new Suburban!
When I told him I faired about the same as he did with his truck, he acted surprised and said "I get just over 21mpg, and that's what you're getting?" I call BS
My wife just had a very similar experience with the guy calling the HUMMER a gas hog and asking what the MPG was, then he walked over to his Expedition.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 AM

When I got my 06 H3 in 08, I almost posted the MPG's in large numbers on the back glass because of all the questions. Now with the 10 Alpha I just say more than the 93 Cherokee that I had for 15 years and about the same as my 06 and 08 H3's with the 5 cylinder. If they are really interested I give the 14/19 winter, 15/20 summer which is accurate. Most people don't know the difference between an H1, H2 or H3. They just see Hummer.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 AM

Well I have been asked alot but it is usually from someone driving a Honda or something small. My best responce is if you have to ask then you can not afford.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM

On another note I just drove my H2 to the beach for the first time. Now I have a very heavy foot so speeds were 80 to 85 sometime 90's and I got around 14. It was better than I thought.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 AM

One of my soon to be in-laws was talking about my Hummer as we were riding in his new F150 Platinum Edition. He said "I just don't see how you afford to put gas in that thing!" I looked over on his dashboard and the average MPG setting was showing and it said 14.2... So I said, "Yeah, I just use the extra money I save for other things since my Hummer gets better mileage than what you get in this."

Most people are sheep that don't know anything about Hummers. They just repeat what someone tells them and don't bother finding out for themselves.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by never2big
On another note I just drove my H2 to the beach for the first time. Now I have a very heavy foot so speeds were 80 to 85 sometime 90's and I got around 14. It was better than I thought.
Really? I'm only getting 8.9 mpg city 10.6 highway and I baby my h2... Luckily spring is almost here & my truck will be for rainy days which is good if gas goes over $5.00 this summer!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM

I just got my H3 the other day (new to me) and the "vibe" I'm getting is that it is "HATERS" who ask that question the most. Mainly because that is the ONLY thing you could possibly say negative about a Hummer IMO. Think about it, not only are Hummer's freaking fine, they offer a great combination of looks, class, durability, off road ability and general "BAD ASSNESS"! The only thing mine is missing is the backup camera and an M4! Anyway, that's what I'm getting...mostly from family members who drive vehicles FAR less awesome than my H3..

Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 PM

There was a commercial on the boob tube many years ago that started with a hot model saying "... don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

Same goes for the Hummer. The haters are jealous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The gas station questions...