PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finally bought my Hummer!!! 2006 h2

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Default Finally bought my Hummer!!! 2006 h2

However I have a question about something going on with either the battery or ignition. Where do I post the question?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:45 PM

Best to post H2 questions in the H2 section. Good luck with your fix.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your H2

Old 05-30-2017, 12:49 AM

From what I just read around here, I'm inclined to say, my sympathies for your purchase. I'm scrapping my H2 shopping trip tomorrow, what ya'll have put up with boggles my mind. Start looking for another H3 Alpha I guess, least I got ~300k on that with not a single falure, just routine maintenance. Left me stuck one time, my fault leaving the lights and radio on while I was back in the woods putting up a deer stand. Had to walk 15 miles in the dark to get to the only paved road and cell signal, bought a Clore power pack the very next day.

H2's - proudly manufactured using only the best cray paper and only the best, heavy duty styrofoam for the motor and gear box.

:-( Bummer, really wanted a bigger rig and thought an H2 would be perfect. I gotta go to an H1 Alpha I guess?

Old 05-30-2017, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

I have had two H2s and wheeled them both pretty hard. No issues.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by chuckscott
From what I just read around here, I'm inclined to say, my sympathies for your purchase. I'm scrapping my H2 shopping trip tomorrow, what ya'll have put up with boggles my mind. Start looking for another H3 Alpha I guess, least I got ~300k on that with not a single falure, just routine maintenance. Left me stuck one time, my fault leaving the lights and radio on while I was back in the woods putting up a deer stand. Had to walk 15 miles in the dark to get to the only paved road and cell signal, bought a Clore power pack the very next day.

H2's - proudly manufactured using only the best cray paper and only the best, heavy duty styrofoam for the motor and gear box.

:-( Bummer, really wanted a bigger rig and thought an H2 would be perfect. I gotta go to an H1 Alpha I guess?
Research, research, research.... the H2 doesn't get the respect it deserves!

I've had 4 H2's; one 2007 and the rest were 2008's. Never got rid of for mechanical reasons. Doesn't matter what you buy it all comes down to maintenance by the previous owner and usage. Took me 2 years to find my current ride. Purchased from original owner, unmolested, low miles; I've only done preventive maintanence to insure I'm not broke down but if I ever do I know I can get just about any part I need off the shelf at most parts stores. I bought my wifes Range Rover new yet I wouldn't trust it cross country even though it gets routine maintanence.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by chuckscott

Yeah this is the winner post of the week

First you mention an H3 Alpha which is cool I guess but not AM General and not even remotely the capabilities of an H2.

Then you go on to mention an H1 Alpha. I'm going to assume this "1" was meant to be a "3" but if not--

If you could afford an H1 Alpha then why would you have gone with an H2. Give us all a break.......

Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 AM

congrats on your Hummer !!! they are one of the best vehicles on the road in my opinion..