PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Faded Plastic Trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Default Faded Plastic Trim

The black fender flares on my 07 H2 are starting to fade. I applied the mothers Back to Black product in three applications it lasted two weeks. Have any of you tried the detail doctor product?

https://www.getdetaildoctor.com/?mid=3459200

I read in a thread about the Gatorback coating products but they are like $200.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM

I ordered the Detail doctor mostly because Danny Koker is selling it. This is my first time falling for the as seen on TV crap I will let you know how it works.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 PM

I carefully applied three coats of the detail doctor wish washed off the first time at the carwash. Abosulte ripoff smells like vanilla icing which I can get rid of either.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM

Griots Bumper and Trim reconditioner I believe its called. A little pricey compared to the other products out there but once its applied it never comes off. It's more a dye than a quick fix.

Word of advice, cut the top off the bottle and use foam applicator brushed to apply the stuff-don't waste your time with the little sponge on the bottle.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 PM

Ordered it I had read that on here before it is cheaper than Danny's crap too.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:19 AM

yes its a miracle for sure. My trim wasn't too terrible as compared to some with practically white plastic but even mine was annoying me. Pretty sure its been over a year since I did all mine including the fender flares and it looks just as good as the day I did it.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 AM

If
you can find it in your area wal-mart or auto store try wipe new it realy covered the fading and it has not came off after washing and i have tryed all the other coverups

Old 05-29-2013, 06:17 PM

Peanut Butter!

Chris

Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Default Black trim

I use Meguires Hyper Dressing. It is concentrated and mixed with water to get your desired gloss. It goes a long way, and can be used on anything from tires to your black trim. A friend who details cars for a living recommended it to me. I can't say enough good things about it, from the UV protection, the non-greasy end result and how long it lasts.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Default Plasti dip

So i've used back to black, Maguire's back to black, mothers product and same thing about 2 weeks and have to do it all over again.. i went on youtube and saw tons of people using plastidip and presto change-o what do you know its black forever... i took all the black plastic off washed it dried it and 6 coats and 4 and five dollar cans of plasti dip later every black trim is back to black. The key is to wait till every layer is dry then reapply the dip. It will keep the original texture of the trim but will over lay latex rubber over it. Its been on now for 6 months with no color change and holds up to most rocks, i had to redo the 2 left front window pillars on my h3... they need more than 6 coats seems rocks love that section. Lastly since it is a latex rubber it can be removed easily. Goodluck hope this helps..

Quick Reply: Faded Plastic Trim