PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Door pads, or door panels, replacements??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Default Door pads, or door panels, replacements??

Hi all, first post, im in the market for a hummer limo and have shopped around a bit looking at several different ones. I also have friends locally that have hummers and what i notice is it seems they are rather weak and subject to cracks. My buddy has a 05 and there is a crack on all 4 of his doors somewhere or another on the door pad. I saw one (a replacement) on fleabay and they wanted 750.00 for it!! Is there a better source for a replacement door pad. The limo I am buying has a crack on the handle area, drivers door. Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails Door pads, or door panels, replacements??-img_6766.jpg  
Old 05-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by DBLimo
Hi all, first post, im in the market for a hummer limo and have shopped around a bit looking at several different ones. I also have friends locally that have hummers and what i notice is it seems they are rather weak and subject to cracks. My buddy has a 05 and there is a crack on all 4 of his doors somewhere or another on the door pad. I saw one (a replacement) on fleabay and they wanted 750.00 for it!! Is there a better source for a replacement door pad. The limo I am buying has a crack on the handle area, drivers door. Thanks!!

Nope, $750 is cheap lol. I've seen door panels going for over $1,000. The door panels are H2 specific, no other GM vehicle used them which means they are the holy grail and you will pay out the **** if you need a replacement.

Honestly a Hummer limo would be a very bad decision IMO. Interior parts are very hard to find now and to have people trashing the thing......no thanks.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:33 PM

I'd have to agree. I'd be pulling the panel, building a dam with some tape, and gobbing in some epoxy for plastics. With some care and finesse you can make it stronger than it was when it left the factory.