PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the all wheel drive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Default Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the all wheel drive?

I was just wondering if there was an easy way to disconnect the all wheel drive (like pulling a fuse) and just turn it into rear wheel driive.

The reason I ask is I'm sure if it's possible to kick it down to two wheel drive the gas milage would get alot better.

Thanks for the info

Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 AM

Why did you get a Hummer again? Disconnecting the full time 4WD...your talking jibberish....

Old 02-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Yes you could pull the fuse but you can't unlock the front axle so it wouldn't do much good. You bought a full time 4x4 vehicle if you wanted a part time one you should have looked else where. by the way my work Ford explorer w/ auto 4x4 gets worse mpg than my H3T w/ fulltime 4x4

Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 AM

Is it possible to make it a one wheel drive vehicle for ridiculous gas saving!!!!! LMAO

Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 AM

Only if you wanted to do some big bucks custom powertrain mods by switching the transfer case. If tht was your goal, you should have started with a JK in my opinion.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 AM

This is the same nonsense that people were trying to do in the 70's with the Dodge full time four wheel drive trucks. It's a great system yet idiots were out there putting lockout hubs on them and removing the front drive shafts. What you MIGHT gain in gas mileage (which I doubt) you will lose in increased uneven tire wear. Not to mention that the truck would be useless as a 4x4.

You can purchase a rear wheel drive only SUV, that may be the best route for you.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:49 PM

First of all I asked a simple question out of curiosity I don't need the sarcasim but I'm assumning that you have nothing better to do so let me have it if it gives you a release to calm your nerves.

I bought my Hummer because I wanted a Hummer, I knew up front about the gas milage and still had no desire to choose something different to give me better milage per gallon.

So do me a favor if you have nothing useful to add to the thread then move on to the next one cause like I said before I asked a simple question to get a simple response and again if I wanted a different SUV I would have bought something different because unlike the probable 97% percent of the owners on here who either leased or took a loan out for their Hummer I bought mine outright, I own it, so just by that fact alone I knew what I wanted and what I was getting into.

Thanks for the non sense

Old 03-01-2010, 06:53 AM

You're welcome

Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 AM

No problem, moneybags. Glad I could help.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bdawk20x
I was just wondering if there was an easy way to disconnect the all wheel drive
You're in luck (ignore the other infantile responses in this thread).

My H3 2007 Lux has a lever to turn off all wheel drive.

Its to the right of the drivers seat, a big one you can't miss it - move it all the way forward until the letter "P" illuminates on the dashboard - no more all-wheel drive!

Quick Reply: Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the all wheel drive?