PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying an H3 tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Default Buying an H3 tomorrow.

Hello all. I'm new to the Hummerforums and the Hummer H3. I'm trading in my 2002 Mustang GT tomorrow for a Black 2007 H3. Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any advice for me and what to look for. You know make sure I'm getting a good deal and all. I'm still a little nervous about making the move, but everything I read says all the Hummer drivers are extremely happy with their vehicles. And if i wasn't going to buy this Hummer tomorrow it was going to be a regular Trailblazer. I'm making the right choice I'm sure.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aler_id=562351

-H3

Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 PM

Awesome, welcome to the family.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM

Nice looking ride. I had a 2006 and now have a 2008. Best vehicles I have ever owned. Enjoy.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

i loved my mustangs, probe gt,,,
h3 is a different ride, A LITTLE! higher off the ground, not the asphalt shredding power of my 460/80 or the turbo,and ground hugging of the gt probe(90), but something happens when you cruise around in h3 AND DONT WANT TO GO HOME!!
its just fun to drive,,a magic machine.

i was a ford man for 50 yrs, my friend let me drive his 06h3 twice and 2 wks ltr i had my RED h307, since july, 11000 miles, a lot for me!! sooo,,,do i like it??
do you think!!!?

tom

Old 03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by drtom
i loved my mustangs, probe gt,,,
h3 is a different ride, A LITTLE! higher off the ground, not the asphalt shredding power of my 460/80 or the turbo,and ground hugging of the gt probe(90), but something happens when you cruise around in h3 AND DONT WANT TO GO HOME!!
its just fun to drive,,a magic machine.

i was a ford man for 50 yrs, my friend let me drive his 06h3 twice and 2 wks ltr i had my RED h307, since july, 11000 miles, a lot for me!! sooo,,,do i like it??
do you think!!!?

tom

Awesome. Makes me even more excited to go pick it up tomorrow. I only got to drive it for about 20 minutes.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Banned
Default yeah and you gotta report!

hey i forgot the great fat grip steering wheel feeeels greattt and it turns,you can almost do u-turns on your driveway,and i thought heated seats were chicken,,,till it got cold,and the monsoon sound is smashing,so if you didnt get the 6 cd changer look in forum for a deal.
somebody said you really feel like you do own the road, what an attitude,,,bt u do get a little of that,,,,well,,,so be careful,,seriously, the view is good BUT, BUT, THE BIG PILLAR is spaced different than i was used to and i had a blind spot till i got practice, the hard way. i hit a post in a walmart lot luckily with tire only while turning and i lost sight of it TOTALLY.
i notice that while turning i can loose something in that spot as i approach it, the pillar is fat, so just fyi.
dont be too excited the first day as i was and "loose it"

now done

tom

Old 03-31-2010, 10:48 AM

From the photos, this H3 does not appear to be an Adventure model. Not really an issue if you don't plan a lot of off roading, but you should be aware. The tires appear to have been replaced, which is probably a good thing. Make sure the PCM has been re-programmed for speedometer/odometer calibration if they are not the original 265/75 size.

The nerf bar steps on this H3 are OK for light offroading, but will be an impediment if you expect to wheel seriously.

You might also ask if the diffs, transmission, and transfer case have had their fluids changed yet. If not, you will be coming up on that maintenance at around 50K, although the manual gives some wiggle room on the transmission.

I would also be sure to drive the H3 at 75+ MPH and see if there are any seriously annoying wind noises. You will never have as much leverage to get them to fix that after you buy.

If the H3 has been offroad, it would be worth looking underneath for any evidence of damage. Probably not that much of an issue since many H3's never leave the pavement.

If everything looks good - buy & enjoy. I have thoroughly enjoyed my '07.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM

i went from a 2006 mustang gt to a 2008 alpha. I love it!

Old 03-31-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by bflank
From the photos, this H3 does not appear to be an Adventure model. Not really an issue if you don't plan a lot of off roading, but you should be aware. The tires appear to have been replaced, which is probably a good thing. Make sure the PCM has been re-programmed for speedometer/odometer calibration if they are not the original 265/75 size.

The nerf bar steps on this H3 are OK for light offroading, but will be an impediment if you expect to wheel seriously.

You might also ask if the diffs, transmission, and transfer case have had their fluids changed yet. If not, you will be coming up on that maintenance at around 50K, although the manual gives some wiggle room on the transmission.

I would also be sure to drive the H3 at 75+ MPH and see if there are any seriously annoying wind noises. You will never have as much leverage to get them to fix that after you buy.

If the H3 has been offroad, it would be worth looking underneath for any evidence of damage. Probably not that much of an issue since many H3's never leave the pavement.

If everything looks good - buy & enjoy. I have thoroughly enjoyed my '07.

Thanks for all the great information. I will only do light off-roading at the moment. Maybe drop off in a mud hole from time to time just because I can. I looked at the tires but not the size. They were Wranglers.

My pop has a big garage so maybe a suspension package is in my future. With my Stang I was big into Mods.

Ill be sure to ask about the maintenance. I only run Mobile 1 in my Stang? Should I stick with Synthetic?

I checked under the truck but not good enough. Ill be sure to check again.

Thanks again.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by devenomized
i went from a 2006 mustang gt to a 2008 alpha. I love it!

Glad to see that there are other happy owners that were in my boat. Or should I say Stang.

Here is a pic of my Stang. I'm really looking forward to the H3. Hopefully the dealership calls soon.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3196650

Quick Reply: Buying an H3 tomorrow.