PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And the best motor oil is............

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned
Default And the best motor oil is............

hehehe, Yes folks I did it. I started the infamous thread. But wait... I have some first hand intel on motor oil. I owned a TPI 350 V8 motor and put over 370,000 miles on it. i wont say the brand only that it was GM due to were Hummer folk I used Mobile 1 at 70,000 miles. Before I sold it, I dont think it was burning anything. Never had to add oil between changes. I am using Royal Purple right now in the Hummer but Ive heard of the moly additive which I heard isnt a good thing. Running Amsoil in my GFs truck with no problems except the cost of the quart . So since Mobile 1 is proven itself, im thinkin of not fixing something that isnt broke and going back. So what are your experiences with motor oil??? Chime in and maybe we will find out which is really the best. Or maybe not

Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM

Mobil 1.....period!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Mobil 1 is the best.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

As long as it is API SM/CF certified, it really don't matter as long as you change it at the proper intervals.

Amsoil is hard to beat. Lately I been running Valvoline Synpower, more bang for the buck and tests out from the middle to the top of the synthetics.

http://www.oil-tech.com/motoroil-comparison.htm

Old 04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
JAM

mobil 1 here, and since I can't find any other of those brands where I am...

Old 04-18-2009, 08:36 PM

I use Mobile 1, been using it for the last 10 years in everything I have ever owned.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 AM

I use Mobil 1 but not because it is the best. Redline is the best oil on the planet and is the only oil made from Class 5 stock. Mobil1, Royal Purple and Amsoil are all made from lesser grade stock which has lots of additives added to it to make it get close to the quality of Redline- burn the additives burn off quickly. With the exception of Redline, these 3 oils are better than all of the rest of the oils out there.

Not only do you have consider which is "best" but you have to consider "cost and availability" since engine oil is expected to be changed quite frequently. This is where Mobil1 wins. You can get it at Wal-mart and is priced lower than the others mentioned above.

I use Mobil1 in my engine but Redline for everything else

Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM

I've been using Syntec in everything from my snow blower to my compressor now for about 15 years!! No complaints yet. I also use it in my Hot Rods and my Hummer, No problems here.
Strogy

Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM

I've always used Castrol Syntec in every vehicle I've owned. But now after reading this thread I'm thinking of switching to Redline. I just changed the oil in my 2006 H2 over the weekend but I'll change it again if I need to, I put Castrol Syntec 5W 30 in it.

Does anyone know where would be the best place to get Redline??? I live in west central Florida.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Always go Mobil 1 oil. Good to wait about 3 to 5k miles before you do. Best part is that you only have to change the oil every 7k to 10k miles! Saves money in the end.

Quick Reply: And the best motor oil is............