PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

auto start and auto lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Post auto start and auto lock issues

Greetings Hummer aficionado's. Having recently jumped in the world of Hummers with a purchase of a H2 in Dubai, I have encountered some pretty unique problems (meaning I cant seem to find anything on previous threads). Last night I locked the keys in the car. I had started the engine to get the interior cool for the kiddies after eating dinner (Dubai is in peak summer). I shut the door to allow the A/C to do its thing and less than a minute later, found all the doors had 'auto locked'. Needless to say, the car idled for an hour whilst i caught a taxi home, got the 2nd set of keys and returned to unlock the car. I cant find anything in the manual about auto locking with the engine running. Any help appreciated.
2nd problem. I click lock on the keyless remote 3 times and the car try's to start. It doesnt stay running, merely turns over, starts and turns off. It then keeps trying to start every 10 seconds until you press unlock, get in and turn the ignition key to run then off again. Any idea why it wont autostart? i cant find this in the handbook, is this an aftermarket mod gone wrong?
Unfortunately, like a lot of Dubai, the guy I bought it off has returned to Europe so I cant ask directly. Appreciate the help team.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:08 AM

Check OTHER THREAD!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:28 AM

Thanks.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Go to Liberty and ask for a spare "owner book"!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:34 PM

Did u try to change the car settings? The auto-lock is a factory setting but can be changed. What fabrication year is the H2 u own?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 AM

Greetings Agurad. I have the owner book for the car (its a 2005 model). The auto lock function as detailed in the book is limited to the doors locking when the vehicle is taken out of park or when the car reaches a set speed (15 Mph i think) or not to auto lock at all. There is nothing in the book that says after a set time the doors will lock of their own accord, and nor can i find anything in the settings. Most unusual is that the car was started with the key in the ignition and was running. Then I closed the door (all doors were unlocked and I did not brush against the lock slide on the door) and after a very short period, the car locked itself, still running with the key in the ignition. I checked the settings on the auto lock and it is set to lock the doors when the gear lever is moved from Park. Still at a loss on this one, but thanks for your input.

Cheers