PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overhead Dvd - What am I looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Default Overhead Dvd - What am I looking at?

I just got a '03 Hummer H2 yesterday and boy it's awesome. One of the things missing from it was the overhead dvd player. It had been removed but all of the cabling is still there. I have been investigating it and trying to decide what all of the wires are actually for or where they go.

I have already determined 3 wires for the dome light operation and 2 more wires to power the dvd unit when the vehicle is on. It seems like really that is all I will need. There is also an antenna box with a coax line that would be for the antenna obviously.

Next there is the below image, PAX SNI-35. There are no wires hooked into the line in but there are some fancy colored RCA Jacks coming out of it. I assume that factory Hummer items wouldn't include such fancy wiring, so where could these be going to? Possibly up to the radio allowing the DVD player to play through the radio?

Next we have one rogue yellow RCA female connector. No idea what the purpose for this guy could be.

Finally we have two pictures. One is of this bizarre svideo like plug (but not svideo, too many pins) which is up in the ceiling. The other end us under the back seats and the thickness of the black cable matches so I assume it's the other end. In the second picture there is a set of a/v rca jacks, a weird plug and some other funky item.

My only guess is that the unit was not a DVD unit but a flip down TV, but the unit had a separated DVD player under the seat. That would explain the rca, the plug (power plug?) and the extra item could be an IR blaster for a remote control?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:21 PM

I got one more picture to add. I found this in the front most overhead compartpent. The cable looks the same here. Maybe there was some kind of screen in there?