PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dupli-Color Engine Enamel Paint - I love this stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Default Dupli-Color Engine Enamel Paint - I love this stuff!

I bought a can of low-gloss black last night and painted my exhaust system and front stainless-steel engine heat shield with it (the one with the H3 logo on it). All I can say is this paint is awsome. It goes on flawlessly, does not bunch up or drip, goes on with one coat, etc. The spray can sprays on very evenly. I put two or three coats on within ten minutes. It was dry to the touch within an hour or so. It looks factory. I've never used a paint that went on and applied so easily and evenly. I'll definitely be using this again. Here is a link:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

I choose this paint because it resists temperatures up to 500 degrees. This morning I drove to work 45+ miles and the paint still looks new and factory. I'm thinking about doing my entire rear axle and suspension with it tonight.

They have quite a few colors to choose from. Luckily the Auto Zone near my house carries paint (which I found by accident yesterday)

Another paint I have used in the past is Krylon Fusion. I used this to paint my plastic ferrings to my sport bike when I rebuilt it a few years back. That stuff also goes on smooth and the end result looks factory. The paint is even waxable and very sturdy; doesn't chip or crack.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Dupli-Color Engine Enamel Paint - I love this stuff!

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I bought a can of low-gloss black last night and painted my exhaust system and front stainless-steel engine heat shield with it (the one with the H3 logo on it). .
It's called a skip plate and it's aluminium.....kids[:@]

Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, GRANDPA, it's called a "SKID PLATE" for when the panel Skids across a surface such as rocks or whatever you may get propped up on when off-roading, hence the word "Skid"

touche

Old 07-12-2007, 01:10 PM

I though I remember you had to MOVE rocks out of the wayby hand before you would cross over them...

Old 07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, a razor-sharp rock triangle sticking up about 6 inches right in front of my tires. Damn right I'm going to move it!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 AM

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 278
Size:  2.9 KB

Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Bob; Don't give up on me yet my friend. I have some unique ideas for the truck that I'm going to be doing, and I think you'll be surprisingly pleased once it's done. Unfortunately, it won't be "complete" until after we go off-roading on the 4th. There are some things I can't do off-roading with until we are done, but I HOPE all of my ideas work. So far, it's starting to look really good, but nothing compared to some other's on here. I just want to do some things nobody has done or thought of. Anyway, you'll see in 3 weeks