PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:56 PM
JJJ

Originally Posted by Timgco
Griott's are what many of us use. Once you use this stuff, it will not wash off like Armorall, Back to Black, etc. This stuff works great! Use it one time, and you're done. IT's a dye.
Bumper & Trim Reconditioner, 4 Ounces - Griot's Garage

Get 3 bottles, rubber gloves, and some rubbing alchohol. Prep with the RA, than do two quotes of the Griotts.
Griots garage Bumper and Trim reconditioner. I just ordered a bottle of this...I will let you know how it turns out, but some other Hummer owners swear by this with claims of looking the same as the first day applied after months and 1 guy evan after a year. It is a dye which doesn't come off and is suppose to be easy to apply

Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Default IT WORKS!!! / dry bumper

Griots Garage is the best!!! I have put it on, it has rained, and I have washed it twice now, and NO STREAKING!!! Im so happy!! I will now order thier products all the time, they have some great stuff!! Customer serv. was great too! I have attached a pic of the difference so others can see. Thanks for the great sugg Timgco!

IM HAPPY GIRL NOW!

Attached Thumbnails Dry bumper-bumper.jpg   Dry bumper-h2.jpg  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:17 PM

anyone use Back to Black as a preventative measure?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 PM

Renew and Protect

This works for me. Mothers and Griots are good too, but whatever is easy for you to get would probably work best.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 PM

I'm a professional detailer in Charleston, SC. SEM has a product called bumper coater. You just clean and prep the bumper and spray it on. It should last for years and years. It's a simple process. Griotts is good also and will last for years. Mothers Back to Black is a temporary solution, but it works. Another trick is to use Peanut Butter. Get you a jar (not crunchy!) and a rag and just rub it in. It's water proof because of the peanut oil in it. It's a cheap and effective solution to your problem. It's not permanent, but it last longer than Back to Black and costs you a couple of dollars. I hope that this helps.