PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dry bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Default Dry bumper

I have an 03 and the back bumper looks dry and nasty almost like wax got in there and you see it looks white and dry. I use Black Again to get it nice but after first rain it looks nasty again. It also takes me forever just to get that stuff on it. ANY ideas on what I can use or do to fix this? Besides buying a new bumper? It's on my list but not right now. . It looks so pretty when it's done but being in WA State it does not stay that way for long.

Thanks!!!

Nikki

Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 PM

what if you try spraying it with clear coat?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:26 AM

Try Mother Back to Black...stuff is amazing.....used it on my jet skis after they set out in the sun all day.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM

Im glad you said that I went back to the store to buy more stuff to get it clean and they did not have it so I bought Mothers Back to Black.. so I guess I will find out. I was told they started carrying that instead as it is great stuff.

Will check into the clear coat. I do have letter inserts on the back in chrome. Not sure if you can spray over it. SOMEDAY I will just get a new bumper.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by pkynky
Im glad you said that I went back to the store to buy more stuff to get it clean and they did not have it so I bought Mothers Back to Black.. so I guess I will find out. I was told they started carrying that instead as it is great stuff.

Will check into the clear coat. I do have letter inserts on the back in chrome. Not sure if you can spray over it. SOMEDAY I will just get a new bumper.
After you coat the back bumper (just put on a rag and rub) your bumper will look brand new....promise. Like I said...Two Jet Ski's sitting in the water all summer. Tops totally faded and brought them back to new. Not saying you will not need to refresh it once in a while but you will not believe it.

Last edited by 08JJ; 04-01-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 PM

X2 Back to Black is the stuff!

Old 04-09-2011, 02:54 PM

Go to auto geek web site and look up stuff called black wow
Good stuff

Old 05-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Griott's are what many of us use. Once you use this stuff, it will not wash off like Armorall, Back to Black, etc. This stuff works great! Use it one time, and you're done. IT's a dye.
Bumper & Trim Reconditioner, 4 Ounces - Griot's Garage

Get 3 bottles, rubber gloves, and some rubbing alchohol. Prep with the RA, than do two quotes of the Griotts.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 AM

Back to Black, by Mothers 2nd Vote, all i use................

Old 05-31-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Timgco
Griott's are what many of us use. Once you use this stuff, it will not wash off like Armorall, Back to Black, etc. This stuff works great! Use it one time, and you're done. IT's a dye.
Bumper & Trim Reconditioner, 4 Ounces - Griot's Garage

Get 3 bottles, rubber gloves, and some rubbing alchohol. Prep with the RA, than do two quotes of the Griotts.
How long does it stay Black???

Thanks

Quick Reply: Dry bumper