PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice: Faded Bumpers / Plastic

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Default Advice: Faded Bumpers / Plastic

Turtle Wax Premium Grade Trim Restorer
Premium Grade Trim Restorer - Turtle Wax

I've used everything on the market amongst all of my vehicles over the years and have found this product to be the best when going for a temporary solution to the horridly faded plastic on almost any vehicle, and find that it lasts for quite some time before needed to be reapplied. I reapply once per month, although 2 months would be fine.

It's a quick brush on with a soft cloth after the first application.

On another note, something more permanent on plastics and very worthwhile is Line-X coating the plastics. I will be having this done to ALL of my exterior plastics to provide chip and rock resistance as well as a uniform rugged custom look to the entire vehicle, since I'm not a chrome fan and plan to remove as much exterior chrome and replace with the rugged black look instead. The Line-X coating (and some others as well) provide a near-lifetime deep black coating that is as rugged as it looks.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

I used Forever Black 3 years ago and my trim still looks good.... I wouldn't use anything I had to redo more than once a year.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Post Permanently restore faded bumpers, trim, and aluminum

If the plastic and/or aluminum on your Hummer is faded and you're looking for an inexpensive permanent solution to restore it then you have to try this new product.

http://www.wipenew.com

My profile pictures shows the product on the left side of my H2 bumper. The right is untreated 4 year old plastic. This product restores the plastic to original color and goes on easily. You simply clean the plastic, dry it, and apply Wipe New. The best part is that you do not have to re-apply the product. It is guaranteed to last for the life of your ride.

I've covered every inch of plastic trim with it, the aluminum luggage bars, the wiper blades, and the rocker bar. I've applied it to the step bars too and was surprised to find they're not slippery.