PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Volume Control for just OnStar

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Default Volume Control for just OnStar

Folks,
I'm planning out my integrated system design for aftermarket Nav / iPUD / Sirus / Radar / Laser, and would like to integrate with OnStar as well. I have the OEM Monsoon sound system in my '08 H3.

At this time I only see an issue with finding a way to independently adjust the volume levelfor OnStar (obviously this is adjustable right now thru the OEM head unit volume control.) My understanding is that when aftermarket harnesses are installed, the Onstar no longer goes thru the new head unit, and instead goes directly to the Monsoon amplifier. Is this correct?

How are folks adjusting OnStar volume when they have installed aftermarket replacement head units?

Thanks in advance,
Rhino

Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Default RE: Volume Control for just OnStar

sorry,im no help,just thought i would let know that i care

Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 PM

I would love to have a answer to the Onstar issue on 08's. Had the stock Navi and Monsoon, I upgraded to Eclipse with Sirius and Ipod, Used the Pac adapter and have tried everything . I can get Onstar to come through just fine but it can never connect! can't seem to get a answer to this! The Onstar volume adjust just fine thru the Pac audio unit.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 AM

I used a scoscheadapter and it gets adjusted through the adpater, but really once its set you would need to dig back in and adjust again with a little screw driver. I have read that the PAC unit is the same way, I actually have to pull mine out and adjust it as I have the volume up too loud now.