PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Up to date album and info here...the saga continues...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Default Up to date album and info here...the saga continues...

Here's the link: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...Tg&notag=1

The short version: the fiberglass cabinet didn't work out, so I built a box instead with an amplifier rack on it as well. The overall dimension of the entire thing is about 40" wide by 28" deep, with the subwoofer cabinet being roughly 6" high x 40" wide by 11" deep. My subs will work with as little as .6 cu ft, so that should work well for them.

You'll see the cover for the amp rack sticking up well above the amps...in the pics I have wires and tools and stuff all over the place but it will actually sit down over the amps much closer. I'm going to route out a channel around both openings in order to put a clear plexi cover so my dogs will not step on them. I'm going with covers for the subs too for the same reason.

Gotta run-date night.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Default RE: Up to date album and info here...the saga continues...

Ifinishedmy wiringtoday and it will peel your cap...WoW That's alot of power!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 01:18 PM

Well today I finally got SOUND! I put a little fiberfill in the cabinets on each side to sound-deaden and fool the subs into thinking the enclosure is a little larger. I was having a problem with BOTH my ground and the turn on lead...weird. At any rate, having a sound come out was quite a relief. I tuned it a little but wanted to seal the top of the box on so now everything is calked and it's out there running with the heat on high to dry it a little quicker. I'm not going to drive it probably until after Thursday (next day off) when I have more time to tuck wires, put all the trim back, etc... I have a TON of pics of how the door panels and all the trim come out should anybody need it. Eventually I'll do a write-up, and I'm intending to send the pictures and description to Crutchfield.

Thank goodness I'm on the downhill-slide on this project! I can say it seems like it will BUMP nicely...

Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 PM

2007 I WILL POST UP SOON.....but not until I get my board carpeted

Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Sweet!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 PM

I tested it a bit last night after I thought the calking had set up. The cabinet hits VERY low...sounds good though my Blau's in the front seem kind of muffled. I think that can be rectified with changing some of the settings on my Alpine amp...but overall, the power is STRONG. I haven't ever had a system with that much dedicated power on 2 10's...they actually get the job done very nicely and in a small cabinet.

I figure I have another 3 or so hours of just putting the vehicle back together and tucking wires. Everything is hidden to the back seat...from there it's a little of a mess but should clean up just fine.

I'm glad I did it but wow am I glad it's almost over!