PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

??? Onstar conversion to enable Bluetooth for any phone ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Default ??? Onstar conversion to enable Bluetooth for any phone ???

OnStar is a nice option. It does what it needs to but it really lacks in the fact that GM "went to bed" with verizon and only allows conversion of your account to their phone accounts. My main problem is that I have a Microphone installed on my roof and the system is integrated into my stereo but I can't use my work provided phone to plug into this. I am forced tyo use a separate dedicated phone for my H3 and buy minutes from OnStar.

I like the diagnostic reports. I like the assistance. I like OnStar and do not want to remove it and will renew my subscription for the "insurance to my family" factor BUT I want to use my Cingular Bluetooth enable phone for the phone portion. Hands-free laws are popping up all over the place here in PA.

Has anyone found an aftermarket device that plugs into OnStar to enable Bluetooth devices? I see posts all over the web for this but never see anyone that actually did this.

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM

Fry's electronics has a GM non-interface wiring harness kit which bypasses the Onstar so you can use the roof speaker with your cell phone's bluetooth. It costs around $150.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Yup, give this a try. It plugs right into the wiring harness and works great! Full intergration with your GM based vehicle

Here-> costartech.com - Home

Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 PM

I like having the on star back up to my ATT svc...

Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SlinkTMP
OnStar is a nice option. It does what it needs to but it really lacks in the fact that GM "went to bed" with verizon and only allows conversion of your account to their phone accounts. My main problem is that I have a Microphone installed on my roof and the system is integrated into my stereo but I can't use my work provided phone to plug into this. I am forced tyo use a separate dedicated phone for my H3 and buy minutes from OnStar.

I like the diagnostic reports. I like the assistance. I like OnStar and do not want to remove it and will renew my subscription for the "insurance to my family" factor BUT I want to use my Cingular Bluetooth enable phone for the phone portion. Hands-free laws are popping up all over the place here in PA.

Has anyone found an aftermarket device that plugs into OnStar to enable Bluetooth devices? I see posts all over the web for this but never see anyone that actually did this.

Thanks!

Have you ever thought about replacing the OnStar module with a new one? I done that to my 08, bought a module for a H3T 2010 and called OnStar and gave them the new number off the unit and with the help from my Chevy dealership we got it working... It wasn't hard to do at all, just cost $119 for the dealership to program it to my Alpha so when i key punched in OnStar would know it's me..

Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bendyprissy
Fry's electronics has a GM non-interface wiring harness kit which bypasses the Onstar so you can use the roof speaker with your cell phone's bluetooth. It costs around $150.
Any idea what it's called or what to ask for? I've been looking for something like this for a while now.