PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My Sub Box Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Default My Sub Box Build

Hey guys, just wanted to share some pictures with you all of the sub box build we started on yesterday.

After installing my new head unit I just said screw it and decided to go all the way and redo the whole stereo system. I was originally just going to do like one ten inch sub, but as I started checking out my options and plotting ideas in my head it just got more out of control until we got to where we are now.

I finally settled on two Rockford Fosgate T1 15" subs. My buddy owns a custom car shop and after the subs came in we started building the box yesterday.

We're not done yet, we expect in about a week, maybe a week and a half we'll have the final product done.

The box is going to end up being wrapped in camel suede on the top and front, and black vinyl on the sides and back to match the interior. The H3 logo is also going to be embossed in the front of the box in the center.

Check out the Flickr here to see it, I'll add more pics as we work on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5677925...7625536168122/

Old 12-05-2010, 04:57 PM

NICE!!! VERY NICE!!!! I've got an SUT so I have NO room! HOWEVER, My Memphis Shallow mount 10 under my seat in the rear is QUITE nice! I can't seem to upload pix anymore so I'll have to find a site to share'm & post a link.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 AM

All done! Here is the final product. Sounds great, and it really blows the doors off when you want to show off. The door speakers are alpine now too.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
Hey guys, just wanted to share some pictures with you all of the sub box build we started on yesterday.

After installing my new head unit I just said screw it and decided to go all the way and redo the whole stereo system. I discount car electronics was originally just going to do like one ten inch sub, but as I started checking out my options and plotting ideas in my head it just got more out of control until we got to where we are now.

I finally settled on two Rockford Fosgate T1 15" subs. My buddy owns a custom car shop and after the subs came in we started building the box yesterday.

We're not done yet, we expect in about a week, maybe a week and a half we'll have the final product done.

The box is going to end up being wrapped in camel suede on the top and front, and black vinyl on the sides and back to match the interior. The H3 logo is also going to be embossed in the front of the box in the center.

Check out the Flickr here to see it, I'll add more pics as we work on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5677925...7625536168122/

Looks great! I want to start building my own soon. How much did you put into it?

Old 12-24-2010, 05:08 PM

I haven't really sat down and figured it out, but I'll try to do a rough estimate here.

2x Sheets of 3/4 MDF $60
Two sheets of Plexi $40
Black Nuts and Bolts $30
Some of that grainy sand spray paint $40
Two yards of suede from JoAnn Fabrics $50
Black carpet for the sides $15

We ended up using some black carpet for the sides that was laying around the shop. No one is ever going to see the sides and the Vinyl was too thick to work.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Wap

great build, but just like 4u2nv i have a sut. I'm looking to get that box for under the rear seat.

Luv the neon and h3 symbol.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:01 AM

The "felted" H3 looks nice man, but why completely make the trunk unusable?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy
The "felted" H3 looks nice man, but why completely make the trunk unusable?
Those specific subs actually needed that much air space!

I don't really ever use my truck to move anything, and when I'm totally finished the system will be in two separate parts. The sub box, and then an enclosure for the amp, battery and capacitor. Ideally when it's done I'll be able to unhook the power and slide the box and the enclosure out in case I ever need to move something big.