PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h2 aftermarket stereo problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Default h2 aftermarket stereo problems

Hey guys,

just picked up an 06 h2 with a pioneer avic z2 head unit. The front speakers work great but the rear speakers sound is so low you have to put your ear next to the speaker to hear it.

i figured was probably just a loose connection so pulled the head unit and saw that it has an axxess gmos-04 unit connected. Both front and rear outputs from the head unit are plugged in. So then i thought maybee the rear output from the head unit is blown. So i took the rear output and plugged it into the front speakers of the gmos. That gave me sound out of the front speakers but from the rear output of the head unit. So it appears that regardless of how i wire it up the gmos will only accept an input for the front speakers.

I have seen others with similar problems but have not seen a solution. Any ideas?

Old 07-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Solved!

even though you wont be using the rear speaker controls ( in the center console for rear passengers) you must still plug in the connector. The Bose amp requires this connector to be plugged in to run the rear speakers.

Hopefully this will help others with the same issue.