GM nav radio and onstar install questions - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Audio Visual/Interior Modifications Have questions or ideas for your sound system or interior trim? Talk about it here!

GM nav radio and onstar install questions

Old 09-09-2018, 02:56 AM
Default GM nav radio and onstar install questions

Whats up guys . just got my hands on a NAV unit from an 06 H2 . part #s GM 15800001 delphi # 28032960 . this is a TNR or touch screen unit . so today i went ahead and pulled the JVC radio that was on my truck and find out that who ever installed this JVC left the factory plugs so i was able to just plug in the unit and as expected i got the theftlock message so i need to have this thing reprogram ,the same guy who go tthis for me has a tech2 he mention that when ever i wanted he could do the programing for me ... .. I need to find out what the part number is for the antena for the nav and also the part number for the xm module that i need ????????? since the previews owner removed .

look at this pictures , this is what it looked like when i pulled the old radio out ..

i need to find a smaller antena conector they installed a bigger one that wont work on the GM unit

looks like who ever installed my DVD head rest ran this cables upfront in case somelse wanted a DVD headunit ..

Looks like the door speakers were rewire all 4 are aftermarket i also noticed that there are cables runing to where the factory amp is located .
I wonder if after the NAV unit is matched to my truck since it looks like they changed the wiring how would i be able to tell if the unit is working ,i mean how do i know that the factory harness is throwing any sound anywere ????
I any of you is a stereo guy please explain if i should rewire everything to mach the stock install again .....

Last edited by hmer; 09-09-2018 at 02:58 AM. Reason: fix image link
Old 09-15-2018, 02:31 AM

finally got the nav unit unlock . because of what the last person to work on this truck stereo did i have no sound . i need to find the part number for the harness that hooks in to the back of the BOSE amp since there was cables cutoff ... basicaly the last stereo shop to touch this truck wired the aftermarket radio to the factory amp and they simply left lots of cables hanging around . i also need the xm wiring harness and the gps antenna ...