PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you put on aftermarket radio in the h2

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Default Can you put on aftermarket radio in the h2

I have a 2003 H2 and was wandering if you can put an aftermarket radio in the h2 i heard if you put a new radio head unit in you have to take all the bose speakers out and amps is this true

Old 06-08-2009, 02:14 PM

No,this is not true unless there are vast differences between the 03 and 05. I have an 05 and installed an aftermarket radio myself,leaving the Bose amp in place.

P.S. Im not a car audio expert,most anyone can do it

Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Default yes you can

I have installed aftermarket radio's in Hummers about 6 times and you can integrate it with the bose speakers. You just need the correct harness you can even tie in the onstar system.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 PM

I used the Axxess GMOS-04 to avoid loosing the Onstar. I also found an interface to integrate the steering wheel controls. I'm out of town for work right now and dont have the info with me so I cant tell you much more at the moment. If you need more info I'd be happy to help I get home.

It is possible-got the evidence in my garage...lol

Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 PM

After i replaced my factory stereo i noticed that the rear speakers are not working....how do you fix this problem....thanks in advance

Old 05-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Question

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I've run into a similar issue with an 03 H2 I'm working on.

Customer brought in a new JVC HU and an AX-ADGM 100 interface kit.

Thing is, the kit has several different harnesses with relays and they were all taken out of the plastic bags, so I'm not sure which one is which

The instruction booklet said to check if it has a digital amplifier by looking at the RPO list in the glove box.

If code Y91 appears, then it has a digital amp.

Looked over the whole list and the closest I could find was Y92

The speakers say Bose on them, but the original HU doesn't (not sure if it's supposed to)

There are a few wiring options for each and I apparently got it wrong cause I've got nuthin out of the rear speakers

On-Star works (shuts down aftermarket HU and voice sounds out through the speakers)

Volume control doesn't work for the new HU, but it does work for the On-Star voice

Anyhoo, I guess I'll rewire it tomorrow, but how can I tell for sure if it has a factory amp or not?

Like where would it be located?

Rick

Old 06-04-2014, 12:52 PM
GSP

If you open your center console and then take the screws out and pull the bucket out it should be in the bottom under a steel plate. You should see it poking out the back side, aluminum fins.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Already did it last week and it did in fact have an amp.

Had to rewire using the resistors and all is working fine now, but the customer expected the steering controls to work as well

After a little reading up on the parts he supplied us, the steering controls aren't supposed to work with this kit

Old 08-08-2014, 10:30 PM

I'm in the middle of replacing the head unit in my wife's 06' H2. It has the Bose system with the navigation radio and XM radio.

The replacement radio is a Kenwood DNN-990HD. I bought the integration harness to work with the steering wheel controls, the factory amp and the RSE system.

My question is this: Where is the factory installed XM receiver? I am putting in an aftermarket XM receiver that will work with the new radio and would like to remove the factory unit and hopefully take advantage of the factory installed antenna.

I currently have the console removed and the old radio removed. I have the new head unit on my work bench soldering all my connections together between the radio and the integration harness.