PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Input on Stock H3 Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Default Auxiliary Input on Stock H3 Radio

I dicided to put this video together on how to add a auxiliary input device to a stock Base Hummer H3 with GM Nav radio.

I hope yall like...

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1r6VnxzLQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCwJN7I0Es

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYomx1VsYqE

Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM

I viewed them this morning. Very good. I will not likely add anything like that to mine but just the procedure of removing the panel and all the connections was very informative for future reference. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a video worth ten thousand.
Excellent videos. Thanks

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 AM

I'm glad you found it helpful... I have added the "removing front panel" to the part1 tags... maybe more people can find it useful too. thanks for the tip!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned

my 2 cents,old radios,good radios.

i still have an18 year old Audiovox with a stereo in jack on the front. the entire radio pulled out with a handle, even while running. if out for ?,3 months,the am/fm presets were still there!!,dont know how. cost $49 at k mart.

another radio,$79 from walmart has usb and sd card on front,removeable panel and a remote that ran the radio,PLUS the usb mp3 player,4 channel,abt 30 watts/ch/cd.
contrast those complete radios with the cost of adapter cables to get a stinkin aux input on a PREMIUM radio!!!!

no mote control either. any radio in the year 2011 without usb is older than old fashioned. i had that 79 $ radio 7 yrs ago. i love the sound of monsoon but thats all

Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM

I agree drtom, you pay for it at premium, but I found some loose change in my couch so I decided to ad the feature ... unit cost was 160$. CarToys wanted to install it for about 300$.... total unit install.

As for the remote, I found that I either always loose the remote or never use it, and now with kids - its more like I can't find it or it ends up getting broken.

The iPod feature on my H3 has all the functions on the factory radio now and it keeps the iPod/iPhone charged at all times.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

yeah the remote i didnt need that much,nice that it controlled the OLD usb mp3!. the fact that it was there with a very nice 79 buck radio,as they say thats txts!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Default Isimple connect

I just installed a Isimple Connect in my girlfriends 09 H3. I chose the connect since it just has a USB so I could use my Iphone 5. When it works its great but Im having lots of problems with it. Most the time when I start the truck the stereo wont come on till I reset the Isimple, and today she called while she was getting gas and was stranded cause here H3 wouldnt start. She found someone to jump her but still wasnt working so I told her to reset the Isimple and it started right away.

Thinking about this I dont think I like something that is connected to the computer in the truck that can allow this. Im thinking I want to do the AUX port connected in line with the XM. I saw a blog on here that a guy did and I would like to have more info if anyone has any.