PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install aftermarket stereo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Default RE: Anyone install aftermarket stereo ?

I always order my stuff from Crutchfield.Com just for the fact that their install kits tend to be a perfect fit everything. Not sure where you got yours from but you can always give em a call and pick up their kit, I'm sure it's about as good of a fit as you can get!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 AM

I have a couple other questions, i am using a pac os-2bose with cm-1 to keep my onstar, but when i activate onstar i get this bad static and engine noise??? I also want to install a backup camera 2morrow, i dont have a hitch so where should i install it? I appreciate ur help!!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 AM

I don't recall the install on either of those PAC's but let me ask you, are they grounded? If so, do the share a ground? It's fairly common to get feedback from poor grounds or shared grounds (back me up on this one HummerGuy hehehe). I do recall from my Avalanche days some of the guys had issues with their OnStar PAC's due to bad grounds. I guess the unit itself could be bad as well .. check the grounds first if you have them.

As far as backup camera I'd mount it on the rear hatch/door towards the top but that's my personal preference. Don't know if you have an H2 or H3 but on the H2 it's very easy to route the wires in to the cabin using the 3rd light entry way. I would assume the H3 has similar access ways for wiring.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:54 AM

i will have to ask the installer 2morrow about the grounds, thanks. I have a H3 by the way.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:02 AM

Yeah I noticed you mentioned that in a previous post. Between cold meds and MGD I guess I'm just not as observant as I normally am LOL!
According to HummerGuy there are clips on the metal dash support that apparently works well as grounds. He had static on one of his devices as well and I mentioned the grounds as the possible culprit. He moved the one with the problem to one of these locations and it took care of the issue. I don't have the exact details nor can I relate to what the dash looks liked underneith but I'm sure he could fill in my blanks.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:04 AM

thanks,

i hope the problem is that simple because it is driving me crazy!!!

Old 10-25-2006, 02:09 AM

I had a couple of flakey grounds after I stupidly allowed Short Circuit City to install a system for me. Not only did they completely butcher my factory harnesses and speaker connectors but they did such a **** poor job of the install I went back and demanded my money back. They used something I can only descrive as 18 gauge electrical wires for my speakers and I simply refused to pay for that kind of a crap job. I've never let anyone install my stereos or amps after that. I'd rather spend the time and know it gets done right than to entrust my vehicles with one of those chop shops again!!!

Old 10-25-2006, 02:12 AM

i wish i knew how to install, but i am starting to learn new things maybe in the future sometime

Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 PM

What if I dont want to keep on star? I'm not subscribed to it so dont really need it.

Can I bypass this?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Hi,

I recently installed a new dvd/tv/gps/radio with 7inch screen into my Hummer '07 H3.
It works great and fits well into the dash. I bought the wire adapter. I don't use the OnStar. I live in Belgium and i can not use it.
So i looked for an other radio.
I posted some pics under the photo's tab.

K.