PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Update for those interested

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Default A/C Update for those interested

A/C (HVAC Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system replaced - Compressor, Condenser, Drier,Orifice Tube with evaporator + pipes flushed, all O-Rings replaced, 8oz of PAG46, re-gassed with 1.6lbs of r134a no additives or dye.

For reference, with all 4 vents fully open, setting 60F on both sides, 75% fan speed, doors closed, no recycled air, engine running for 5mins the center vent got down to 40.6F (4.8C).

The old compressor was shot, the clutch was very sloppy and would no longer engage, also loads of debris in evaporator+pipes+condenser so flushing is a vital step!

H2 had 77000 miles on the clock!

Although I said condenser, the unit supplied had a leak so I was forced to abandon it and reuse the old one, of course it was flushed untill all signs of contaminants were removed (I know in theory its not ideal but I had no choice really). On the point of replacing condensers, the orientation of evaporator core doesn't exactly lend itself to flushing and proaobly makes it equally as risky to leave in place.

Couldn't get anyone in UK to do the job, tried all around my area no one would touch it. Had no choice really with lots of screaming + whining noises and drive belts starting to smell of burning rubber. I would have paid $1K anyday for a full A/C service job including parts and labour...... not that I would want to do it for that little....

May make a YouTube video, but if there are any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited by oceanbrave; 08-07-2017 at 10:54 AM.