PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

After-market Stereo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Default After-market Stereo ?

I just picked up my 07 H3 and would like to put a nice stereo in it. Im looking to put a nice Eclipse head unit, a set of components up front, a sealed 10" sub in the rear, along with two amps to power the components and subs. Are there any issues with replacing the whole stereo in these vehicles? Does anyone know for sure what size speakers are up front? They look like 5 1/4" but I wanted to double check. All help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: After-market Stereo ?

Make sure you get an On-Star wiring kit so you can still use it, that is IF you use it.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:41 PM

hmmm...could this be another rebirth of hg123?

Old 10-10-2006, 07:36 PM

Eclipse are AWESOME!!! Good Choice!! Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 76
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 10-10-2006, 07:49 PM

Thanks, Ill make sure to remember the on-star wiring harness. Ive pretty much decided an everything except the front components as Im still not sure what size they are. Havent had much time to look, let alone take the door panel off. Does anyone know for sure what size they are so I can order my stuff without worrying?

importkiller: nice screen name lol. Didnt think anyone would have such a similiar name as me. I think it is more appropriate on the Vette forums Im on, but didnt want to change when I signed up here. I have no idea what a hg123 is or who it is if that is someone's SN.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: MPRTKLR

Does anyone know for sure what size they are so I can order my stuff without worrying?
http://www.crutchfield.com/

Old 10-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Don't worry about the HG123 reference. You already have proved you aren't this person by actually making sense with your questions, just do us a favor and don't ask ;-) It may trigger some sort of brain aneurism (spelling?) in Dennis and he may just ban you by reflex reaction alone!

By the way, you are one of the first people on here with a '07 H3. I think there is one other person. How do you like it? Did you drive an '06? Can you give us any feedback.

And where are the pics?!?!?!? [8D]

Old 10-10-2006, 08:56 PM

I smell smoke . . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-10-2006, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

ORIGINAL: MPRTKLR

Does anyone know for sure what size they are so I can order my stuff without worrying?
http://www.crutchfield.com/

crutchfield doesnt have the H3 in their database and cant tell you what size the speakers are.

ok, I guess I wont worry about who that guy was, but if there are still any doubts, you guys can search this name under www.z06vette.com/forums and www.corvetteforum.com and youll see I have been a member of those forums for over 2 years. I only have a few pics, and theyre posted at http://www.myspace.com/gto30272 but I think you have to be a member to see them.

I would have thought more people have the '07 as theyre everywhere by me, but I also live right by the largest Hummer dealer in the north east. I have driven the '06 before but never owned one. There isnt a huge difference. If I had an '06, I wouldnt be trading for an '07, but my dealer has said they have worked out more of the bugs that plagued the '06s and of course a little more power never hurt anyone. Anyways, thanks guys, as I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Is that a BLACK Z06 I see? I love that vette. You have a Z06 and a '07 H3. What else can you ask for ;-)

Quick Reply: After-market Stereo ?