PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H2 Leveling lift Kit $359.99

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Default H2 Leveling lift Kit $359.99

Hello All!

I just put an unbelievably cool kit on my H2! Did you ever notice how the front end of the H2 is lower than the rear? Well, no more with this kit. It replaces the torsion keys and the front shock mounts to raise the height of the H2 in front between 2-3 inches. This will allow zero rubbing with 37" tires. We have installed Toyo Mud Grappler 37X13.50X20 and 37X13.50X24 Tires on two different H2's and have completely changed the look of the truck. Check it out on our site at http://www.stallioncustoms.com/sctruxkit.html

Here is some pics of the truck with 24's http://www.stallioncustoms.com/2005blackh2.html

You can do this in your garage or driveway, but I recommend taking it to a local shop. You will need to buy a Ball Joint Removal tool to complete the installation. Go here for a set of install directions http://www.truxxx.com/instructions/4...structions.pdf

The install difficulty is probably a 5 out of 10.

Remember tell them your from the "HummerForums" for 10% off!

Old 12-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Default RE: H2 Leveling lift Kit $359.99

what does that do to the alignment stability? do you still have the stock steering parts installed? i have 37x13.50x17 toyo o/c on the bus, and i don't have any rub except on the plastic of the back fenderwell when i've got it turned fullcrank one way or the other. the extra stress on the stock steering parts and torsion bars with the new keys doesn't seem like a good thing. a few cranks on the stock keys, fabtech steering and the bus does fine with the bigger tires. i figure there was a reason for the rake on the body, and the gm engineers are smarter than me. maybe not their marketing and executive folks, but i would hope the engineers knew what they were doing (aside from those wimpy tie rod ends).

Old 12-28-2005, 02:26 PM

I had a set of 22X10 with 37X13.50X20's and it was rubbing like crazy. The new keys and shock brackets actually don't give you added stress (From what I'm told) it gives you a better ride vice the firm one that you get when you crank on the stock keys. I am going out to the desert this weekend (hopefully) "TO GIVE IT A GO"! Maybe we'll even get some rain so I can get muddy and post some pictures! I am also going to try giving our SUT a couple cranks to see how the ride is affected. The SUT is definately a street truck though...It will never see the dirt again. That probably makes you cringe shortbus, lol.

On another note, this little kit is definately great for the street riders who want the look and don't want to go up with a lift kit.!

Old 12-28-2005, 04:27 PM

thanks for the reply. i went with new shocks to stiffen the ride since i put the 37" toyos on, and eliminate some of the bounce when descending from a boulder ( i found that's easier on the rock rails and frame members ). it's not the most comfortable street ride, especially at lower surface street speeds, but does fine on the highway. i've got my stock keys adjusted to give me some clearance, but since i'm only rubbing plastic and there's no steel directly behind it, i'm fine leaving it that way. i have thought about putting the 1 ton torsion bars on though, the stress on the stock ones makes me nervous at times. i can't lift it, or i won't be able to tow my camper. with the rain we've had up here in the valley over the past week, i'd assume you're getting some in the south. i'm looking forward to the mud coating pics, hoping to go out and get some for the bus some time soon.

do you guys do your own alignments, or have someone that can adjust it for non-stock setups? factory settings with bigger tires have a tendency to hose things up, and an alignment is necessary if the torsion bars are adjusted.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:31 PM

Happy New Year!

I won't be doing anything off road this weekend!!!!! My ignition switch has gone out on the Of Roader! Which means I can't shut the truck all the way off. Which obviously drains the battery....and it is raining here! I drop it off in the AM at the dealer so maybe I can still get out on Tuesday! Hope your having a good time this weekend!

Old 01-14-2006, 04:42 PM

Ya the leveling kits the way to go your h2 looks great with it on
I had one put on my h3 i love it