PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My newly lifted H3

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Default RE: My newly lifted H3

ORIGINAL: inked

ORIGINAL: Scottrod

That thing looks near perfect... it just needs a nice coat of mud/and/or snow!
LOL - this things been in the mud so much I broke my alternator, battery, and front bushings - fun, fun, fun!! Oh, this is before the lift though...will get it dirty on Monday, but after that I have to take it easy, it will be inone of Hawaii's largest car shows ending of March..

Just thought I'd tell you there some brown stuff all over your H3. I don't know what exactly it is because not a spec of that stuff has ever been on mine. I recommend a thorough cleaning immediately.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:02 AM

Let us know how it goes off road.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:04 AM

Very sweet looking ride! Now I'm itching to lift mine!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 PM

Very Nice ! !

Looks Mean and Tasteful.............If you can use both of those words in the same sentance.

I've only seen one lifted H3 in the real world (Schmidt going down the road opposite direction from me) and it was impressive.

You should get more than your share of gawkers and admirers.....

I'm looking forward to hearing your driving impressions after you've lived with this lift for a month or so.
A lift for mine is a long range (post warranty) goal.....I bought my wheels to accomodate that very lift at a later date.
So....I'll be following your exploits closely to see what I might be in for......

Good luck at the show......

Old 02-20-2007, 12:03 AM

I agree with Gunner. It's very tastefully done. It's not so overbearing that it looks tacky. Very sharp looking if you ask me.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks guys for the compliments!

But It's down for the count again! - I broke my passenger side CV joint while testing the flex. The funny thing was, the flex worked liked a champ, however I went too forward and my tires was jacked to the left and while reversing the CV joint cracked popping out my axle shaft!!

We ended up removing the shaft and I was able to drive it home in 4high only - in 'drive' it kept slipping.

Here's some pics:

Me nose down a steep hill with blind sides to my left and right:

The flex:

Then CRACK!!!

Here's us yanking out the shaft...

Safely made it home, axle shaft assemblywill be in Friday, installing it Friday night and it's back on the trails on Saturday

Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 PM

I'm sure it'sreally a tripto be wheelin like that, but obviously a price to pay sometimes. My H3 is mainly as a daily driver, with moderate off road planned, so I'm too scared to be that adventurous. I've got an'92 Ford 4x4 beater that I play around in, but nothing like this. Great pics, and good times. Darn those cv shafts, raplaced a few in my day too.[:@]

Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM

yo bruddah, yoooooz nutz!!! Call me next time when you go off roadin'.... so I can watch from the side

The new look is meeeean, though! Great Job!!! Who installed the kit?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

I'm sure it'sreally a tripto be wheelin like that, but obviously a price to pay sometimes. My H3 is mainly as a daily driver, with moderate off road planned, so I'm too scared to be that adventurous. I've got an'92 Ford 4x4 beater that I play around in, but nothing like this. Great pics, and good times. Darn those cv shafts, raplaced a few in my day too.[:@]
Yep after this I'm now in the market for a used vehicle to bust up on the trails. My axle assembly should be in on Friday, should be good to go by Sat.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: naluboy

yo bruddah, yoooooz nutz!!! Call me next time when you go off roadin'.... so I can watch from the side

The new look is meeeean, though! Great Job!!! Who installed the kit?
Eric over there at 4 Wheel Parts Hawaii did the install.

I'm planning on adding 37's, but still debating, because that would be totally only for looks. 37's won't clear as much as those 35's I have on it now, the flex is nutz but may just be on paved road after this

Quick Reply: My newly lifted H3